Crate & Barrel Holdings is home to a wide range of home-essentials and modern furniture. The company Crate & Barrel Holdings Inc. was founded in 1962 in Chicago, Illinois, US. We will discuss about Stores Like Crate & Barrel.
The company was founded by Gordon Segal and Carole Segal with the headquarters located in Northbrook, Illinois, US. It is an international American home décor retail store operating in the United States, Canada, and Europe. The retail store deals with various “upmarket” home essentials, furniture, and related merchandise.
The company pioneered the “vignette” style display of items which became so popular that other companies began using it widely. In the “vignette” style, the items were arranged together in the display in the same fashion as they would be at home.
Stores like Crate & Barrel:
Crate & Barrel is a brand renowned for its modern home decor that every customer would like to own. People who have a particular taste for modern home furnishings love to shop from stores like Crate & Barrel.
The furniture is mid-priced and durable. But you might wonder if you have more options for home décor for a wider range of styles.
Here is a list of some of the well-known stores that can offer you a similar stores like Crate & Barrel:
- Pottery Barn: Pottery Barn is not only similar but also the closest competitor of Crate & Barrel in the home décor industry. Pottery Barn was founded in the year 1949 by Paul Secon and Morris Secon.
This American upscale home décor store chain has its headquarters located in San Francisco, California, US. Pottery Barn’s popularity can be recognized by its several references in popular TV Shows like Friends, The Big Bang Theory, and Seinfeld.
The retail store chain deals with products like pillows and décor, bedding, indoor and outdoor furniture, rugs, and lighting. They have an extensive catalog of items with mid to upscale prices known for high-quality furniture.
- Shabby Chic: Founded in the year 1996, Shabby Chic is an aesthetic furniture collection retail store. The furniture store chain was founded by Rachel Ashwell who wanted to evoke the home décor styles found in large country houses with a tinge of worn and faded cushions and curtains.
These were inspired by the 18th century Swedish painted decors, the American Shakers, and the French Chateau. The new items are bleached and distressed to achieve the vintage aesthetic look.
The company offers furniture, clothing, art, bedding, and couture clothing. Most of the Shabby Chic items can be available at cost-effective prices.
- Design Within Reach: This American lifestyle home furnishing company Design Within Reach Inc. was founded in the year 1998 by Rob Forbes. The company’s headquarters are located in Stamford, Connecticut, United States.
It designs and manufactures home furnishings. The company owns a retail store chain all over the US with its outlets in Brooklyn, New York, Vero Beach, Florida, and Oxnard, California.
The retail store chain specializes in the iconic mid-century furniture, modern furniture, Herman Miller, Restaurant furniture, interior design, design art, Knoll, and hospitality design.
- Pier 1: Pier 1 Imports Inc. is an e-commerce retail store chain operating in the United States and Canada. The company was founded in 1962. The company deals with imported home furnishings and décor, including decorative accessories, table-top items, and seasonal décor.
It has its headquarters situated in Fort Worth, Texas, US. The products available at Pier 1 include rugs, furniture, dining room sets, Papasan chairs, home décor, and more. Pier 1 is known for its affordable range of products which can serve as alternatives for expensive and luxurious products.
The retail store is available online after it was defunct in the year 2020 as a brick-and-mortar store.
- West Elm: West Elm is an American retail brand owned by Williams Sonoma Inc. The brand was launched in the year 2002 with a catalog release.
The brand’s headquarters are located in Brooklyn, New York, United States. West Elm deals with modern luxury furniture such as bedding, kitchen and dining, pillows, and decor and lighting.
The parent company of West Elm, Williams Sonoma Inc. owns other renowned furniture brands such as Pottery Barn. The prices of products at West Elm are comparable to Crate & Barrel and Pottery Barn.
- The Citizenry: This socially conscious home décor brand has been serving the home goods industry since the year 2014. Citizenry Inc. was founded by Rachel Bentley and Carly Nance.
It is a Dallas-based company dealing with beautiful handcrafted goods by artisans all around the world. This start-up soon became the talk of the town when it raised $20 million in Series B Funding.
The company opened its headquarters in Downtown Dallas’400 Record Building. It has its flagship store in Soho, New York. The products available at The Citizenry include bedding, blankets, rugs, furniture, shower curtains, and bath furniture.
- T J Maxx: This American department store chain was launched in the year 1976 by Bernard Cammarata in Massachusetts, US. The company possesses a wide range of products from apparel, beauty products, footwear, to beddings, furniture, and utensils.
T J Maxx is known for its cost-effectively priced products. It has more than 1000 stores all over the United States. T J Maxx offers a high-end designer department of furniture and home décor.
It is available both online as well as in-store with furniture and lighting items that are available at a relatively lower cost.
- One Kings Lane: One of the most prominent names in the home furnishings industry, One Kings Lane was founded in the year 2009 by Ali Pincus and Susan Feldman. It is a luxury home décor brand that deals with furniture and home décor accessories.
Its headquarters are located in New York City, United States. Their expert design services offer profoundly-styled furniture, art & mirrors, vintage accessories, and bedding.
The brand offers an online catalog with collections classified by room, brands, and designers.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: This American retail store chain of domestic merchandise and home furniture was launched in the year 1971 by Warren Eisenberg and Leonard Feinstein.
The company Bed Bath & Beyond has its headquarters situated in Union, New Jersey, US. The company has been a success in the retailing industry offering a wide selection of bedding, bathroom, kitchen, and home décor.
The stores are available online as well as brick and mortar form. The company operates through its stores located in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. It was also named under the Forbes Global 2000 and Fortune 500.
- Kaufmann Mercantile: With the idea of durability, Kaufmann Mercantile was founded by the German expat Sebastian Kaufmann. Kaufmann had this visionary idea to create durable goods that could last a lifetime.
He founded the company in 2009. It was initially an online store that specializes in well-designed, nonsense-free, rugged essentials. The goods produced by the company are described to be appealing and with high-quality construction.
The headquarters of the company is located in Brooklyn, New York, and their warehouse is in Raleigh, North Carolina. The stores specialize in décor, home accessories, kitchenware, and designer furniture items.
- Arhaus: Arhaus is an upscale American outdoor furniture and home furnishings brand. This retail chain was founded in the year 1968 in Cleveland, Ohio, US. The founders of the company were John Reed and Jack Reed.
The company is well-renowned for its design and products. The company’s headquarters are located in Boston Heights, Ohio. Arhaus designs and deals with home furnishings online, in-store, and through its catalog.
The products offered by Arhaus include dining tables, living room sets, chairs, bedroom furniture, media centers, rugs, tableware, and lighting. Their collection is unique yet functional.
- Ballard Designs: The leading omnichannel retail company w3as founded in the year 1983 by Helen Ballard. The headquarters of Ballard Designs Inc. is located in Atlanta, Georgia, US.
The home furnishings designed by Ballard Designs share a glimpse of European influence. The company designs and sells furniture and home accessories with gorgeous style. The online catalog of Ballard Designs offers your dream interior designs.
The products include contemporary rugs & drapery, furniture, light fixtures, bedding, and bath décor, and outdoor furniture and accessories.
- RH: Formerly known as Restoration Hardware, RH was launched in the year 1979 in Eureka, California, US. The lavish American home furnishing company was founded by Stephen Gordon.
The company’s headquarters are located in Corte Madera, California, United States. The company is accompanied by some of the best artisans, designers, and manufacturers who create the most compelling collection of luxury home goods and furniture.
Their specialties include interior design, hospitality design, and residential design. There is a total of 36 outlet stores of RH in the US and Canada.
Frequently Asked Questions in stores like crate & barrel
- Is Crate & Barrel available online in Asia?
Yes, Crate & Barrel is available with its products in Asia, America, Africa, and Europe.
- Does Crate & Barrel accept returns?
Yes, Crate & Barrel accepts the return of products if the customer is not satisfied with them. However, they have certain return policies and the customers are required to abide by them.
- Does Crate & Barrel offer gift cards?
Yes, Crate & Barrel offers gift cards or shop cards to its customers.