REI: We believe a life outdoors is a life well lived
Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI) believes that outdoor life is a life of pleasure! REI believes that we find our best selves in wild, untamed, and natural places, so our goal is to inspire a lifelong love of nature for everyone. Let’s know about REI Military and Veteran Discount.
REI Military and Veteran Discount
REI does not offer discounts for the military or veterans but does offer several other ways that military members can save on outdoor gear.
About REI Military and Veteran Discount
REI does not offer an individual military discount online or in-store. However, if you wish to buy in bulk for your unit, you can contact REI’s Corporate Sales Group.
When purchasing through the Corporate Services department for large numbers of military personnel, they will offer tax-free sales and a 10%-20% discount on full-priced items (depending on the total purchase.)
Amazing Ways to Save at REI
REI does not offer military discounts to individuals in stores or online, there are other ways to save on their products.
- REI Membership –
- REI is a cooperative that offers many benefits and profits to its members. Each year you will make a profit based on the company’s revenue and the number of products you buy.
- Dividends are usually 10% of purchases, but not all items count towards this total.
- As an REI member, you receive discounts on classes, activities, rentals, and products in-store/online.
- You can also get special prices on non-REI items, such as lift tickets.
- To learn more about the benefits and offers of cooperative membership, please visit the official website
- REI Deals –
- REI offers a dedicated category for deals or sales items.
- Deals include Deal of the Day, deals under $20, half off, and a discounted section.
- You can filter your products to specific categories using the filters at the top of the deals section or on the left side of all deals pages.
- Coupons, Discounts, and Rebates –
- REI has a section dedicated only to displaying coupons, transactions, discounts, and rebates.
- Information about coupons and current deals is displayed at the top of the page.
- Next to each coupon or deal, there is a link to go to a page with more information about that particular discount.
- Buying a large quantity of a particular items will get you discounts as well.
- To see what items are available for volume discounts, scroll down to the REI Volume Discounts section.
- Information about current manufacturer discounts is listed at the bottom of the page as well. Also, the page contains details on what items are included, the purchase period, and how to submit a rebate.
- Buy from the Outlet or Used Section –
- Outlet: REI outlets offer products online and in-store at a lower cost. The items in outlets are new and offer a wide range of items.
- Used section: The used section contains returned items that have been inspected for problems or quality concerns. The purpose of keeping the used section is to avoid discarding items that are still in quality condition but cannot be used/sold due to wear and tear.
- Sign up for REI emails
- Subscribing to REI emails will give you direct access to co-op offers, event information, and new equipment.
- All you need to do is to visit the REI website and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- To sign up, provide your email address in the “Sign Up for REI” Email section and select “Sign me up!”
REI was founded in 1938 when a group of 23 friends who were climbers, united by their love of the outdoors, decided to provide quality, affordable gear for their adventures.
Today, the REI community has 20 million lifetime members, nearly 15,000 employees, and 168 offices across 39 states and the District of Columbia.
REI product line includes high-quality outdoor products that you can buy new, buy second hand or rent.
There have been many changes since the establishment of REI, but our passion for living outside lives on in everything we do.
REI offers a wide range of outdoor products. However, REI does not offer an individual military discount but offers an amazing large military group discount and other savings opportunities.
You have to just simply sign up for a co-op membership to get big savings on both items and events. Membership allows you to get a refund for what you spent during the year, as well as a discount on sales outside of REI.
The REI website contains coupons, discounts, and rebates. In addition, you can save on the purchase of goods through the REI outlet or used sections. Finally, sign up for REI emails to receive information about discounts and offers.