The Florida Power and Light Company, which is the largest power utility in Florida, is the subsidiary company of NextEra Energy Inc., and it plays a major role in the development of Florida’s economy and success. The company encourages investors and has increased job opportunities in the state to a remarkable level. There have been more than 82,000 new jobs created and 16,000 retained jobs in the country since 2012 as a result of FPL’s programs and support. The commercial account of FPL provides a clear picture of the working of the company, the services that it provides, payments, etc. Now let us look deep into the FPL Commercial Account.
Different Aspects of FPL Commercial Account:
Billing and Payment
The commercial account of FPL explains different aspects of billing and payment, such as ways to pay, ways to receive, and ways to manage.
Modes of Payment:
1. FPL Automatic Bill Pay
- This is one of the most efficient methods of bill payments wherein FPL withdraws the customer’s payment from his/her bank account automatically. This is more productive as there is no question of paper bills and wastage of time.
- How to avail?
- The customer has to log into the FPL website, and if he is a new one, he has to make the registration.
- The bank account from which the amount shall be paid has to be entered and choose when the payment shall be deducted from that given account.
- Necessary contact information shall be provided.
- FPL has to confirm the enrolment with a confirmation email, a welcome letter, and a message on the customer’s bill.
- The customer can choose after how many days of billing the amount shall be withdrawn from the provided account.
2. Online Payment
- Online payment is a free and immediate way to pay the bill using customers’ bank account numbers. This service can be availed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The customer receives instant confirmation of making the payment, in addition to which an email confirmation is provided.
- How to enroll?
- Log in or register if the customer is new.
- For first-time use, the customer shall enter the bank account details and routing numbers, and email address and click “enroll now.”
- The customer can either pay then or schedule a future payment.
- The process of scheduling future payments can be used only to pay current charges and not past due ones.
3. Electronic Data Interchange
- This is a form of Automated Clearing House transmission that FPL uses to streamline its payment process.
- Corporate Trade Exchange and cash Concentration or Disbursement are the two accepted types of EDI payments by FDL.
4. Credit or Debit Card Payment
- For better services, FPL has partnered with Speedpay to give the customers a wider opportunity to pay their bills using debit or credit cards.
- The customer has to enter the card number (debit or credit card), FPL account number, and billing address.
5. CheckFree and Local Bank
FPL has been partnered with CheckFree, which allows customers to pay their bills on MyCheckFree.com or through their local bank.
6. Pay by Phone
This is the easiest method of payment where the customer can pay the bill using his/her phone using his/her bank account. This is very convenient as it can be accessed 24 hours, seven days a week.
7. Authorized Walk-in Payment
FPL has established walk-in payment locations throughout their territory of service, and the customer can pay the bill in cash. FPL has also widened the scope of walk-in payment by arranging fee-based agents that charge a $1.50 fee which covers the cost to process payment. This mode ensures instant payment and avoids any form of delay.
8. By Mail
FPL customers can pay their bills through standard U.S. mail. FPL account number must be mentioned in the check or money order, and 5 to 7 days have to be allowed for post office delivery.
- FPL e-bill
- CheckFree and bank account
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Print the bill online
1. Budget Billing
This program by FPL is only available to customers who have been doing business and receiving bills for 11 months and who have not been delinquent on bills for the past six months.
On enrolling in FPL Budget Billing, a customer receive monthly statements that state three amounts- Actual Bill amount ( as per regular billing plan of FPL), FPL Budget Billing amount (as per Budget Billing plan), and Deferred Balance amount (cumulative difference between actual bill and the bill in accordance with the program).
2. Payment Extension
Based on the customer’s payment history, past-due amount, age of past-due amount, and period as an FPL customer, FPL offers an extended date to pay the bill. A late payment charge of 1.5% of the past due balance or a maximum of $5 will be imposed, and this charge will be mentioned in the next billing statement.
- Business Energy Advisor: This service provides the customers necessary information to make better decisions while buying any kind of product that consumes energy.
- Surplus Equipment and Vehicles
- Information for Participating Independent Contractors
- Economic Development: FPL has been focusing more on providing incentives for the growth of businesses. FPL’s investment of around $5 billion in Florida’s grid has provided greater reliability and affordability.
- EarthEra clean biodiesel: it is an alternative fuel source that is highly reliable and cost-effective. It upholds the principle of environmental protection in parallel to economic development.
- Tax Exemptions: there can be tax exemptions if the customer is charged Florida sales tax on his/her electricity bill. There are exemptions for agriculture, schools, charities, religious institutions, specific manufacturers, etc.
Ways to Save
The commercial account of FPL has prescribed measures to save by
- keeping better track and controlling the usage of energy, thereby saving on the bill
- viewing the current rates in the bill and learning about different charges that increase the bill amount
- using the energy efficiently, which in turn provides a better span to the equipment and minimizes the cost of maintenance
Also, there are other aspects like FPL’s small business tool and EarthEra clean biodiesel that FPL put forward for customers’ benefits.
FPL, the third-largest electric utility in the United States, provides personalized services and customized solutions for energy to its customers. The competitive prices, flexible payment options, energy savings measures, reliable customer services, etc., led to the faster growth of the company. The commercial account of the company specifies each of the services that it provides and enlightens the customers by prescribing measures to save on their bills. The professionalism and updated services have enabled the company to attain better customer satisfaction.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I have certain inquiries regarding EDI payments. How can I contact FPL for this purpose?
An email can be sent to New- ACH.SharedMailbox@nexteraemergy.com.
- My payment of FPL bill using my credit card is getting failed continuously. What can I do about this matter?
For all the problems relating to credit or debit card payments, the customer will have to contact Speedpay at 1-800-979-3967.
- I couldn’t make a CheckFree account. How can I get assistance in this matter?
You have to contact CheckFree at 1-800-5694-9184 or raise the concern on the official website of CheckFree.