Switching from one cell phone plan to another can be quite tasking, you might be confused about which one to pick or how to go about it. There are several plans to pick from and you might be confused. Well, in this article I’ll be showing you how to switch from Verizon to T-mobile.
Changing from Verizon to T-Mobile is pretty easy. You have to identify what plan you’ll like to be on or what plan would work best for you. Choosing a plan suitable for you and your phone is what would be best and most important to do.
Steps to take when switching
Below is the process you’ll have to follow if you would like to switch from your Verizon to T-Mobile.
- Make sure your phone is unlocked before you start switching, it has to be unlocked so that it would link with the carrier you are switching to. If your phone is locked, it can only be used with a particular carrier. But, if your Verizon plan is longer than 60 days, it would unlock itself allowing you to switch to T-Mobile without any hitched. You could also check the compatibility of your phone with the T-Mobile network using a website called IMEI checker or just dial #06#.
- Get a screenshot of your plan, the Verizon plan you have been on. T-Mobile usually offers to cover any plans you had remaining in your previous plan. It helps you get a rebate.
- Buy your TMobile sim. You can either get your TMobile plan from the website or go to any of their stores near you or any store which sells their cards and purchase one for yourself.
- When you have purchased your plan, you activate your account by following a process that involves following online setup instructions telling you how to go about the activation. This also includes creating a T-Mobile ID and deciding whether you should keep your old number or get an entirely new one.
- If you encounter any issues while registering, you could contact any Customer Care Representatives and report your problem. Do not cancel your Verizon plan until you are sure that your TMobile network has been successfully activated.
How long does the process take?
The amount of time it would take to change usually varies, if you are changing from just one number it takes from 15, minutes and even up to a day but not more than that. But, if you are changing your network over different lines, it could take a couple of days from 6 to 11 days.
Reasons to switch carriers
If you’re still not certain why you’d want to change carriers, there are a few things to think about.
- TMobile’s coverage, for example, maybe better in your location than Verizon’s.
- If you’re unsatisfied with your existing coverage, there’s no reason to keep paying for it when you could be getting a better deal. You might be tired of how fast your data runs out and feel like you need to change it to another one. There’s no harm in changing, you might like your new coverage.
- It’s also feasible that switching providers will save you a large amount of money. If you’ve had the same plan for a good number of years, cheaper options are almost certainly available now. If you’re unsure whether you’ve been paying excessively, it’s worth checking into some other choices.
- If you love traveling, you’ll enjoy using Tmobile because they provide unlimited data and texts in a lot of countries which Verizon does not.
- T-Mobile is also known for having speedy and better download and upload services better than Verizon. Who doesn’t like a strong Internet connection? I know I would want one.
Nevertheless, changing your network carrier can range from one reason to the other, it could be because you want cheaper plans or Tmobile’s network is better where you are. Switching from Verizon to T-Mobile is easy and not so complicated if you follow the right steps laid out for you. Above all, pick the right time to change your network carrier, it is advisable to wait until it’s time for your monthly billing in other to avoid unnecessary service feed from your previous and present carriers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Deals Does Tmobile Offer?
T-Mobile is currently offering a variety of benefits to customers who change carriers. If you’ve had a long-term commitment, they will repay you for paying off your old Verizon plan. They’ll reimburse you up to $650 per line for any cancellation fees or other existing commitments so you wouldn’t have to pay the full price when you switch. Another agreement for when you change to T-Mobile, you can get a monetary credit toward your coverage for each device you take into your new plan. T-Mobile will refund you up to $450 for each device you keep from your Verizon contract.
- How to Terminate Verizon Service?
Call the Customer Service line which is 844) 837-2262, and confirm to them that you’re the account’s owner. Any Retention attempts by them should be refused. Accept the cancellation of your service verbally. Then you takedown down a reference number. There are specific times you can terminate your plan, for instance, you can only cancel it from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. You can’t call their customer service on weekends, which is wrong because evenings and weekends are when most people have the time to do it. This seems like an attempt not to let you cancel.
- Is Cancellation Fee A Must?
If you register for a 2-year plan with Verizon, you’ll only be charged an early termination fee. These kinds of plans aren’t as popular as they once were, and it’s uncommon to encounter anyone who has months left on their subscription. The maximum charge is $350, which is divided throughout your contract. If you terminate a year after signing your contract, you will be charged $175.