Many situations are out of our control because humans are human, and one of these situations is sex, which can happen anywhere. So sometimes, you need to be on the safe side. That is why contraceptives Plan B was created to assist women who have found themselves in situations that require them to rectify and prevent unforeseen circumstances. In this article will see, Does Dollar General Sell Plan B?
Dollar General does not sell Plan B or any other contraception used to avoid unplanned births in its shops or online. Dollar General is a store that provides home goods and food. They have approximately 15,000 locations in the United States, all carefully placed in different communities. Although dollar general stores sell various over-the-counter pharmaceuticals for various reasons, they do not sell contraception; instead, these contraceptives may be gotten at stores like Walmart, Target, Costco, and local pharmacies.
Plan B often called the morning-after pill, is intended to avoid or prevent unwanted pregnancy after unprotected sex. It is not an abortion pill. Plan B costs between $20 and $50 and is more expensive in major retail stores than in pharmacies. However, there is no need for a prescription to buy Plan B or any other form of contraception. They can be bought over the counter or even at local health care facilities, though there are some contraceptive health facts to be aware of. To learn more about Plan B and other contraceptives, there will be more details in the article, which will be as follows:
What is Plan B?
Benefits of Plan B
Effects of Plan B
What is Plan B?
Plan B or the morning-after pill is an emergency contraceptive pill used to prevent unwanted pregnancy, which could come because of unprotected sex, sexual assault, or whose birth control may have failed while engaging in sex. Plan B is an emergency contraceptive method and should not be used as birth control as this could cause some negative side effects which we will review later on in this article, emergency contraceptives contain either levonorgestrel (which can be found in Plan B) or ulipristal acetate (Ella).
Plan B works by preventing ovulation, it changes the uterine lining to hinder egg implantation or limit sperm’s ability to adhere to an egg. It is recommended to take Plan B within 3 days after sex, keeping in mind that the earlier it is taken the more effective it is. Emergency contraceptive pills are not abortion pills and cannot end a pregnancy, though can be side effects caused to the fetus.
Benefits of Plan B
- Prevents unwanted pregnancy: Contraceptives such as Plan B help prevent unwanted pregnancy, which may arise because of unprotected sex, sexual assault, or failed birth control pill.
- Helps with hormonal imbalance: Contraceptives like Plan B have been shown to aid women with hormonal problems including Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
- Menstrual cycle regulation: Plan B has controlled women’s menstrual cycles.
- Decreases abortion rate: Contraception such as Plan B reduces abortion rates since women may now use it to attempt to avoid undesired pregnancies.
- Reduced menstrual pain.
Side Effects of Plan B
Plan B is a drug and like every other drug, it has some side effects when consumed, though some of these side effects may be because of long-term use or misuse of the pill keeping in mind that Plan B is not to be taken regularly.
- Change in the menstrual cycle: taking Plan B may cause changes to the menstrual cycle and these might be in the following forms:
- The heavier or lighter flow of period, which is because of the effect of the drug on the lining of the uterus.
- Late or early menstrual cycle
- The missed menstrual cycle occurs because of the effect of the drug on body hormones and the reproductive system.
Changes to the menstrual cycle because of Plan B are temporary and the body will adjust back to normal within a month or before the next cycle.
- Nausea and vomiting: as a result of the Plan B having progesterone (which is an endogenous steroid and progestogen sex hormone that plays a role in the human menstrual cycle, pregnancy, and embryogenesis.) one might experience nausea and vomiting as there is a hormonal overdrive which affects the body. Nausea and vomiting side effects are not severe, but the human body varies in reaction and anyone who has severe vomiting or nausea after consuming the drug should visit the hospital. Note that if you vomit an hour or 2 after consumption of Plan B it is advisable to take another pill as you have vomited the pill.
- Dizziness: as a result of the high level of hormone which causes the muscle cells in the blood arteries to relax, resulting in less blood going to the head. This is a mild effect and will fade soon after but if it continues kindly visit a hospital or call an ambulance.
- Abdominal cramps: this is a normal side effect that is felt in the lower abdomen it is usually like cramps felt during the menstrual cycle but can intensify you can take pills you take for cramps but if it does not subside, you will need to seek medical attention.
- Headaches: Plan B often causes symptoms normally associated with menstrual, one of which is a headache and this is normal unless it persists for over 24 hours and is affecting visual function it is best to consult a doctor.
Tiredness and painful breasts are two more Plan B adverse effects that may arise after ingestion. Negative effects vary from person to person and can be mild or severe; other people may have no side effects at all. To conclude, Dollar General does not sell Plan B.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Dollar General sell vitamins? Yes, vitamins as well as other drugs, are available at Dollar General.
Does Plan B result in abortion? No, Plan B does not cause abortion because it is a contraceptive; nonetheless, a high or minimum amount of Plan B should not be used in the hopes of causing an abortion because the result may be deadly.