Eyelashes are considered the epitome of beauty. They are a part of the eyes that prevent dust, sand, and debris from entering your eyes. Studies say that large eyes are attractive. And longer eyelashes can make your eyes look wider. So, every individual wants fuller eyelashes. Especially, women who have long eyelashes are considered to be more attractive. Let us know more detail about ‘Pros And Cons Of Eyelash Extensions VS False Eyelashes’.
Pros And Cons Of Eyelash Extensions VS False Eyelashes
Every single person craves dark, voluminous eyelashes. Some are blessed with natural dazzling eyelashes. While the rest of us find different ways to make our eyelashes fuller. Several people use eyelash mascara as it is the hastiest solution. Some of us use natural home remedies and different hacks to grow thin and fade eyelashes with natural ingredients. These natural remedies may have a positive effect on your eyes, but it is a very long process. So, when we can’t grow long lashes naturally, false eyelashes and eyelash extensions can be the most feasible alternative. Now, let’s dive into the pros and cons of eyelash extensions and false extensions.
1. Eyelash extension:
Eyelash extensions are semi-permanent fibers or extensions that are attached on top of your natural eyelashes with the help of glue. People tend to use these eyelashes to make your lash fringe look longer, darker, and voluminous. They are synthetically made up of synthetic, mink, faux mink, or silk fiber. They are customizable because lash artists offer a wide range of extension lengths and curl patterns.
It is a very long process. And everyone who wants eyelash extensions has to go through the following procedure:
- The first step is consultation in which your lash artist will tell you about different types of lash extensions. And you will have to pick one according to your comfort.
- Then you have to lie down as per your lash artist’s instructions, and he/she will prep your eye area by applying tape and eye gels that don’t touch your eyes.
- After that, lash extensions will be applied with tiny tweezers. One eyelash extension will be glued one-by-one per natural lash by a lash artist.
- It usually takes one to two hours on its own. Once you are done with eyelash extensions, you still have to wait until your lash glue dries up.
Pros of eyelash extension:
- Lash extensions make you look gorgeous all the time.
- It cut-outs your makeup routine in half.
- There is no mishap of mascara.
- They are customizable. You can get them according to your desired shape and size.
Cons of eyelash extension:
- During application, you have to go through different tools which can cause eye infections.
- They can cause damage to your natural eyelashes. Your extensions go farther from your root lash when your natural eyelashes grow, and it causes breakage.
- This method is very costly. Moreover, it is not one in all process. You have to get sessions every one to two months for maintenance.
2. False Eyelashes:
It is also one of the methods that are used to make your eyelashes fuller. It is one of the oldest methods as we have been using it since the 1900s. False eyelashes follow a “one-size-fits-all” procedure. They came in different sizes, shapes, lengths, and volumes. They came in packaging. So, you can easily wear it by yourself. You have to apply lash glue on the lash clusters, and then simply place glued lash clusters on the edge of your eyelid. Here, you are done applying false eyelashes.
Eyelash extensions VS False eyelashes:
Usually, you can apply false lashes at home by yourself or with the lash artist. Wherever eyelash extensions are always done by an eyelash artist. Unlike false eyelashes where strip lashes are applied to the skin, lash extensions are attached directly to your lashes.
In terms of appearance, false eyelashes offer a wide range of variety. They vary in terms of designs, length, and fullness. On the other hand, lash extensions do not follow a “one-size-fits-all” approach. Extensions can be customized according to your desired length and volume.
The cost of false eyelashes is very cheap. You can easily get them from any drugstore. The average price of false eyelashes is between $5 and $20. On the contrary, eyelash extensions are considered to be very expensive. Their cost varies from salon to salon. But an average price for a full set of eyelash extensions in the industry is between $80 and $120.
Eyelash extensions last for up to 6 weeks. Whereas false eyelashes can only be used once in a while. So, it is obvious that eyelash extensions are more durable than false eyelashes.
You can maintain false eyelashes easily because they are easy to remove. While you have to take good care of your extensions to maintain your eyelashes.
Every method has its pros and cons. It is probably very difficult to say which option is better. Because both false eyelashes and eyelash extensions are good for different reasons. If you want your eyelashes fuller on a special occasion, then false eyelashes would be epic. But if you are fed up with applying mascara and falsies every day, then eyelash extensions are a way to go. They both are equally used to enhance your eyes.