For Ghana nationals in New York, the Ghana embassy provides consular services ranging from visa and passport processing to document legalization. This article will guide you through the services offered by the Ghana embassy and the ways you can contact them.
The embassy is open Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The office is closed on all public holidays in America and Ghana. It is suggested that you call them ahead of time to confirm availability.
What is the address of the Ghana embassy in New York?
The Embassy of Ghana is located at 19 East 47th Street in New York, the most populous city in the United States. The building can be found in the Midtown neighbourhood in Manhattan and is surrounded by iconic landmarks such as the Museum of National Art and Madame Tussauds. You can easily find it using Google and Apple maps.
Ghana Embassy Services
The Ghana Embassy in New York mainly provides visa and passport services. Other than the fees authorized by the Ghanaian government, the embassy does not charge any extra fees for its consular services.
For both visa and passport applications, you must visit the Ghana embassy website.
- Carefully read the application process and accept the terms and conditions.
- Complete the required form (s), which may be found on the website.
- The passport application will request general and personal information. When filling out the form, make a note of the reference number at the top of the page. After completing the form, you should download and print the necessary documents.
- The visa form will also ask for general and personal information, including travel details. You should make note of the reference number mentioned on the top of the form when you are filling it up. Following that, you should click submit and print or download the necessary documents.
- After completing either of the forms, you must send your original passport and supporting documents through courier to their office.
- You must visit the embassy to obtain your passport or visa, and you must do so by appointment only. After you have completed the passport or visa form, you can check the availability of appointment dates, and choose the date most suitable for you.
Furthermore, the embassy facilitates the registration of Ghanaians in America, provides biometric enrolment services for Ghana nationals in America, and assists with dual citizenship registration.
- For the registration of Ghanaians, the embassy does not charge any fee. It can be done during any of the working days. The embassy encourages registration since it allows them to better monitor and helps any Ghanaians in the country.
- In order for their biometric data to be registered, nationals must fill out an application and physically visit the embassy.
- Ghanaians who have obtained US citizenship may apply for dual citizenship. You must fill out a Dual Nationality Application Form, which costs $200. The process, which is administered by the Ministry of Interior in Accra in Ghana, may take 6 months to a year. If your application is approved, you will be given a dual citizenship certificate as well as a dual citizenship ID card.
You can contact the embassy directly to learn more about the services they provide.
How to contact the Ghana Embassy in New York
There are a few ways to reach the embassy:
- Email: You can get in touch with the embassy through email, which is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: You can call the embassy directly for any concerns. Their main line is (212) 832-1300; for visa queries, you may dial the extension 238 / 254; for passport concerns, dial the extension 203/ 239 /240; for general questions, dial the extension 100.
- Fax: You can fax them at (212) 751-6743.
- Social Media: You can follow the Ghana embassy on Facebook, but the page is not very active or responsive to queries.
The Ghana Embassy in New York seeks to support its many visitors and nationals with visas, passports, and other concerns. The embassy is in a large city, so it is easily reachable. The embassy in New York is also open five days a week and can be contacted by email or phone.
When is the Ghana embassy in New York open?
It is open every Monday through Thursday, from 10 am to 3 pm.
Do I need to make an appointment to go to the Ghana embassy?
Yes, regardless of your reason for visiting the embassy, you must organise an appointment.
Can I obtain a visa through the Ghana embassy in New York?
Yes, as with any other embassy, the Ghana embassy helps with visa processing if you plan to visit Ghana.
Is there another Ghana embassy in America?
Yes, there is a Ghana Embassy in Washington D.C.