If you are looking for a reliable and affordable internet service provider that provides a variety of other services as well, look no further than Cox Communications. Headquartered in Cox Enterprises, which also owns Geico, AutoZone, and other companies, it is one of the largest providers of video, high-speed internet, and phone service in the United States. Let’s know how much is a cox cable.
Cox’s Cable TV services range from $53- $138 monthly, which changes depending on the number of channels it provides. Their Internet prices can be anywhere between $30- $100, varying according to the desired data package plan.
Origin Of Cox Communications
Cox Communications, a leading provider of telecommunications services in the United States, was founded by Ron Burkle and Dale Tomlinson in 1984. Named after lawyer James Cox (1774-1851), who had proposed the construction of the Panama canal, Burkle and Tomlinson felt the need for affordable telephonic services that could be accessed across multiple devices.
In 1990, it merged with AT&T Corporation, forming Telcordia Corporation and becoming the leading telephone operator in America. Eventually, Telcordia was broken up into multiple telecommunications companies. Today, Cox operates over 8 million lines in more than 220 US markets across 27 states and employs more than 50,000 people throughout the country.
Prices Of Cox Cables
The prices of Cox Cable TV services vary according to the number of channels provided. Some areas enlisted. All prices are every month.
- Cox Contour TV Starter comes at $53, with 75+ channels.
- Contour TV Preferred starts at $98, with 140+ channels.
- Contour TV Preferred Plus stands at $118, with 170+ channels.
- Contour TV Ultimate costs $138, providing 250+ channels.
The monthly rates of Cox’s Internet services are given below, depending on download speed in Mbps.
- Starter 25 at $29.99
- Essential 50 at $39.99
- Preferred 250 at $59.99
- Ultimate 500 at $79.99
- Gigablast (upto 1 Gbps download) at $99.99
Cox offers some of the best cable television, internet, and phone services in the United States. They allow you to bundle your services together, so you can get more value for your money by bundling channels that you’re interested in, and debugging services. They offer customers a variety of exclusive deals and discounts that you can use to save on your bills, some being:
- 50% off Specialty Channels with qualifying packages
- 25% off bundle prices when subscribing to both TV and Internet
- $25 credit for voice calls (valid only within the US)
Services Provided By Cox Communications
Cox provides an impressive range of services including TV, internet, and phone service. They also support many businesses with services like advertising sales and content distribution.
A noted group of services provided by Cox includes innovative communication services, like video-calling, VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol), broadband internet access, voicemails and mailboxes, and mobile apps for both Android and iOS devices.
They offer innovative services to ease personal life, like home security systems and energy conservation programs. Cox also provides businesses with cloud-based solutions like unified communications (UC) platforms that allow users to manage their entire multimedia ecosystem from one location.
These UC platforms include features like collaborative video-conferencing capabilities and leak-proof connection protocols to protect their user’s data. They provide impressive broadband services, with download speeds up to 100 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 50 Mbps for businesses and households in select areas.
The best part about Cox’s services is that they have an equal dedication to helping people maintain perfect working conditions. They have additional benefits like 24/7 customer support, e911 assistance, guaranteed and efficient issue resolution, monthly discounts on home security systems, emergency repairs, extended warranty programs, and free Wi-Fi hotspots in public areas.
Pros And Cons
There are very obvious reasons why Cox Communications are one of the best telecommunications services in the United States. Some of them are as follows:
- Cox provides high-quality customer service, excellent online tools and guides, and reliable TV delivery.
- They are always up-to-date with the latest technology and programming, and also have a broad-area network.
- Their newest service, DirecTV, is a great way to cut the cord and watch classic shows without hassle.
- They provide customers with various channels including TNT, TBS, FX, Fox News Channel, USA Network, ESPN, A&E Networks’ History Roadshow & more.
However, there are a few downsides as well, such as:
- Customers may have extremely long wait times for technical assistance, proving that their customer service can sometimes be inefficient or unyielding when it comes to resolving issues.
- Cox does not offer any type of bundle discounts like other providers do.
- Not all locations support Cox Cable TV service due to local competition in the television market.
It is important to do your research before making any kind of decision. There are a lot of great things about Cox cable services, and some are not so great. The reputation of the company should be kept in mind as you install the cables, so always try to find a package plan that serves your needs and requirements.
- If I buy this modem and start with Cox, how long will it take before I’m able to get internet speeds that are comparable to what cable offers?
It can take up to one month for your modem and cable service to connect and get matched.
- How much would it cost to buy a new modem and start internet service with Cox?
It typically costs around $60-$90 to buy a modem and start service with Cox.
- If you want to get more channels and/or internet speeds, what are the prices?
Prices start at around $30 per month for 100Mbps or higher speeds.
- Are there any additional costs that come along with using one of these services?
Yes, there may be, all associated with using these services at Cox.