Xfinity is a division of Comcast, which is used to market internet, consumer cable television, and wireless services provided by the company. The headquarters of the company is in Philadelphia, United States. Comcast was founded on 2nd April 1981, whereas the Xfinity brand was introduced in the year 2010. Let us know more about What Channel Is National Geographic On Xfinity.
Xfinity has 5 different television plans, which are:
- Limited Basic/Choice TV: Offers 10+ channels
- Economy: Offers 100+ channels
- Starter: Offers 140+ channels
- Preferred: Offers 185+ channels
- Premier: Offers 185+ channels
National Geographic HD is channel number 1473 on Xfinity. National Geographic channel has a different channel number in different areas of the United States on Xfinity. For example, it is channel number 210 in Sommerville, Massachusetts.
What Is National Geographic?
National Geographic is a group of television channels that are owned with the aid of the National Geographic Television Network. Network Operations are handled by Walt Disney Television. The channels aired by National Geographic are non-fictional programs produced by different production companies.
In the United States, National Geographic is available to approximately 86,144,000 pay television households (74% of households with televisions).
As the result of a collaboration between National Geographic Television & Film and Fox Cable Networks, the National Geographic Channel was launched on January 7th, 2001. Some of the popular shows that are National Geographic TV originals include Brain Games, Megastructures, Science of Stupid, Seconds From Disaster, and Genius.
Some other National Geographic channels are:
- National Geographic HD: 720p HD, was launched in January 2006.
- National Geographic Wild: Focuses mainly on animal-related programs.
- National Geographic Mundo: There is no involvement of Disney in this channel.
- National Geographic TV: Subscription-based service which provides access to National Geographic content and channels.
National Geographic has faced some criticism over the years for some of its television shows. For example, when the show Are you Tougher than a Boy Scout? Commenced airing, its affiliation with the Boy Scouts of America was criticized. Also, according to archaeologists, shows like Diggers and Nazi War Diggers promote looting and destruction of archaeological sites. The show Nazi War Diggers has been openly criticized for showing unscientific, disrespectful, and inaccurate handling of the archeological site.
How to get Xfinity And What Does It Cost?
Xfinity has multiple services, like TV, internet, and phone services.
The prices for different Television Packs are as follows:
- The Choice Limited TV pack costs $30 monthly.
- The Extra Pack costs $67.27 monthly.
- The Digital Preferred Pack costs $69.99 monthly.
- The Digital Premier Pack costs $89.99 monthly.
The prices for different Internet Plans are as follows:
- The Performance Pro Internet Plan, with download speeds of up to 300 Mbps costs $39.99 monthly.
- The Blast!® Internet Plan, with download speeds of up to 600 Mbps costs $39.99 monthly.
- The Extreme Pro Internet Plan, with download speeds of up to 900 Mbps costs $59.99 monthly.
- The Gigabit Internet Plan, with download speeds of up to 1200 Mbps costs $69.99 monthly.
- The Gigabit Pro Internet Plan, with download speeds of up to 6000 Mbps costs $299.95 monthly.
The pricing to get Internet and television plans together are as follows:
- Download speeds of up to 300Mbps and 10+ channels at $54.99 monthly
- Download speeds of up to 300Mbps and 125+ channels at $79.99 monthly
- Download speeds of up to 600Mbps and 185+ channels at $89.99 monthly
- Download speeds of up to 900Mbps and 185+ channels at $119.99 monthly
Home Safety Plans by Xfinity has two different plans, which are:
- The Self Protection Plan at $10 monthly. The following perks are offered:
- No service term contract
- Powered by reliable Xfinity WiFi
- Xfinity products can be used with other smart home devices
- Review up to a week’s worth of footage
- The Pro Protection Plan at $30 monthly. It includes all the perks of The Self Protection Plan and is installed by Xfinity Technicians, and comes with 24/7 professional monitoring
There are two options for mobile internet plans, which are:
- Unlimited: It requires a post-pay subscription to the home Xfinity internet plan. Users are charged $25 monthly on top of $30 if they don’t maintain even one of Xfinity’s TV, internet, or voice services. After 20 GB of monthly data usage, speeds are reduced to a maximum download speed of 1.5Mbps and a maximum upload speed of 750Kbps. Also, mobile hotspot speeds will not be more than 600Kbps.
- By the Gig: Also requires a post-pay subscription to the home Xfinity internet plan. For By The Gig plan, a minimum of $15 is charged for each month. Shared data is charged on a per GB basis.
National Geographic is a great television channel, especially for people who are in their formative years. Xfinity, although a little pricey, offers good internet and television services across the United States. National Geographic HD is available on Xfinity, on channel number 1473.