PlayStation 3 is a home video-game console that was developed by Sony Entertainment. It gained wide popularity among the young audience who loved to play online video games. Before this, there were other versions of PlayStation like PS1 and PS2 which were also developed for the same purpose. The latest version of PS3 has new games and several other features which were lacking in the previous versions. The gaming console was developed as a competitor against Xbox and Wii. Here we will see about Can PS3 be used without WIFi?
PS3 was first released in 2006 and has been attracting a huge gaming audience since then. It is especially famous for the variety of games and real-life screen displays that give a real-life experience to the gamers. PS3 uses hi-fi technology like 3D display and supercomputer technical specifications. The best feature of the PS3 is that there are a few games that can be played offline without the wifi as well. Another exciting feature is that these games can be played individually or with friends using multiplayer options. Let us now look at some best features, pros, and cons of the new PS3 gaming console.
Can PS3 be used without WIFi?
PS3 Features –
There are many exciting features in-built into the new PS3 which make it even more popular among the gaming audience. Let us take a look at some such features –
- If you turn your PS3 offline, you will still be able to play games. However, you won’t be able to access its online features and digital music downloads, but the games will be available.
- If you have WiFi at home, make sure it is connected to the internet.PS3 has the in-built wireless capability through which it will automatically connect to any nearest internet facility available so you do not have to turn on the wifi and connect it manually every time you change your network.
- You can download and install games in offline mode. You can play all the multiplayer games in offline mode as well. However, single-player games won’t be accessible to you in offline mode.
- You can browse the internet on your PS3 and download games and online music which will still be available when you turn off the wifi and want to continue in offline mode.
- If you need to use your PS3 in offline mode, make sure you upgrade it to the latest version for improved security and availing of some advanced features.
Offline PS3 Games –
The various games that can be played on your PS3 in the offline mode are –
- God of War
- Resident Evil
Other than these, any game that you download and install while on the internet connectivity can be later played in the offline mode easily. This new feature exists in all the PS3 devices except the 200 GB device. The storage available in the PS3 device has so much space that it can store all your games will be stored which you can later play in the offline mode.
PS3 is a prominent online gaming console that was launched exclusively for the young gaming audience. There was a wide demand for such gaming consoles back then which still exists today. If you are a gaming person and love playing video games online, PS3 is the best option for you. The reason why it is considered the best is because of its ultra-HD screen, bright contouring displays, and the real-life gaming experience it provides to its users. Also, the additional feature which enables many games to be played in the offline mode makes it even easier to play games on PS3. You can use the internet when available for downloading and installing the game and can then take those games offline in absence of internet connectivity.
Frequently Asked Questions –
- Is PS3 online free?
The free games that are available with the Playstation Plus subscription on PS3 were free of cost earlier. However, when you purchase the PS3 and get some free games along with them.
- Is Playstation Home free on PS3?
PlayStation Home was a virtual 3D gaming platform developed by Sony Entertainment company on the Play Station Network (PSN). For getting Playstation Home, you need a PSN membership which is free.
- What are the different PS3 versions?
There are mainly 2 versions of PS3 –
- Original version (PHAT)
- Slim Version
The original version comes in 40, 60, and 80 GB, and the slim version comes in 120, 160, 250, and 320 GB versions. The features of both these versions are different.
4. Where to find PS3 serial numbers?
PS3 serial numbers can be found on the back of the console and also broken up between the two barcodes on the original box of Playstation. If the box and accessories are mutilated, then you can log in to your account and can retrieve the serial number from there.