Discovery Plus is an OTT video streaming platform owned by the warner bros company in America. It comes under the category of a Factual television program, which means that Discovery Plus focuses more on real, factual, and non-fiction events. These contents are gathered from various channels in the Discovery channel networks. Let us know ‘Does Discovery Plus Accept Prepaid Cards?’.
No, Discovery Plus currently does not accept prepaid cards. But Discovery Plus has many other payment methods which support PayPal and major credit cards. Customers can pay for the service using the methods supported by the device.
Discovery Plus is a well-known factual programs channel owned by Warner Bros in the United States of America. It gets its content from various channels in the Discovery networks, spin-offs of the shows from the Discovery networks, and content acquired from other sources. Discovery Plus also has its own original content. Currently Discovery Plus has a subscriber count of 24 million. Discovery Plus is supported on a lot of devices and platforms such as
- Windows web browsers
- Mac os web browsers
- Amazon fire tv
- Apple tv
- Android tv
- Xbox one
- Xbox series X and S
Does Discovery Plus accept prepaid cards?
As of now, Discovery Plus does not accept prepaid credit cards. But if a customer signs up at discoveryplus.com through the web they can pay for the service using Paypal or any of the major credit cards supported by the customer’s device. In case, if the customer wants an app, they can download the Discovery Plus app and subscribe using the methods available or supported by the device.
Updating payment method
If a user wants to change the payment method for Discovery Plus there is a way for each web and app user.
If the users subscribed to the service using the web, they can follow the given method to change the method of payment.
- Log in to the website, dicoveryplus.com.
- At the top right, select the account icon which opens a dropdown menu.
- From the drop-down menu select Account
- In the Billing module, select “Update” in the Payment Details section.
If the user subscribed to the service using the app, then the payment method can be updated on the device itself.
Discovery Plus Pricing
Discovery Plus has 2 plans to accommodate any user
- $6.99/month (ad-free)
They also offer a 7-day free trial. The subscription automatically renews every month and they also provide an option to cancel the subscription anytime.
How to subscribe to Discovery Plus (Discovery+)?
Signing up and subscribing to Discovery+ is very easy. Visit the website discoveryplus.com and signup using your e-mail. Or you can also download the discovery Plus app from app stores.
After signing up, the option to subscribe to the service is given inside the website or app. Users can choose the best pricing for them and pay using any major credit card, Paypal, or the methods supported by the device.
There are also other ways to subscribe to Discovery+
- Through Dish
- Sling TV
- The Roku Channel
- Amazon Prime Video Channel
- You can add watch discovery+ from dish tv by following the steps
- Go to the menu page and select on demand
- Select the “Browse by Channel” shelf
- Under “On Demand Subscriptions” search for discovery+.
- To watch discovery from sling tv sign in to the sling tv account and got to account
- Choose edit subscription and select premiums
- Add discovery and select review and check if all the information is correct
- Now confirm the selection.
- Sign in to the Roku channel and press the Home button on the Roku remote.
- Find the streaming channels option and enter the Roku channel
- Highlight The Roku Channel, press “OK,” then select “Add Channel”
- Sign in to amazon prime video and go to the home page.
- At the top of the page select channels in navigation.
- From there select the discovery plus banner image.
Discovery Plus or Discovery+ is a streaming service that mostly produces factual and real incidents. It was first launched in India and later released to other parts of the world. Discovery Plus does not support prepaid cards at the moment but the users can pay using major credit cards or Paypal in case of streaming through web browsers. In the case of apps, they can pay using methods supported by the device.
Frequently asked questions
1. Is there free content in discovery+?
Yes, there is a collection of free content on the platform. In addition to some free content, the shorts are also available free of cost.
2. Is a free trial available in discovery+?
Yes, discovery plus offers a 7-day free trial, after signing up.
3. What are the browsers supported by discovery plus?
It is supported in major browsers like Safari, chrome, opera, and firefox.