John Lewis or John Lewis & Partners are the owner of a series of departmental store based in all the states and cities of Great Britain and has some of its subsidiaries Republic of Ireland and Australia. The furniture store was founded by John Lewis in 1864. The headquarters of John Lewis is located in London, United Kingdom. At present, there is a total of 52 stores both departmental and furniture stores located all over the country. The furniture sold by John Lewis is located in their stores named John Lewis at home shops. There are 12 John Lewis furniture shops in the United Kingdom. Let us know about ‘The Warranty Period Of The Furniture By John Lewis’.
Warranty Period Of The Furniture By John Lewis
In this article, we will discuss the different warranty schemes provided by John Lewis Home. The warranty period on the furniture varies depending on the type of furniture you have bought or booked for delivery. Sofas, armchairs, and sofa beds from the house of John Lewis Home come with 15 years of warranty on the wooden frame from the date of delivery. On divans, you will get seven years warranty from the date of the furniture purchased, prams, pushchairs, and car seats have a warranty period of 7 days from the date of purchase. On outdoor furniture, the warranty period is a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 5 years, completely based on the material used for the furniture.
Different types of furniture found in their stores
- Chest of drawers.
- Bedside cabinets and tables
- Sofa beds
- Dressing table
- Dressing table chairs and stools
Specifics of the warranty period
The company does not provide warranty periods on all the furniture mentioned above but only on those items that are mentioned in the answer paragraph.
- For sofas, armchairs, and sofa beds, the warranty will cover only the repairing of loose joints, timber breakage, spring rails breakage, and if the frame of the furniture fails. You can claim to repair your furniture during the entire warranty period of 15 years.
The warranty period does not cover up situations if the frame or the furniture is kept under adverse moisture, if the product is purposely tampered with or abused, or misused if the product is in an unsanitary position like someone has vomited or littered by pets, or have thrown some curries or alcohol on them, or if the product has been delivered outside North Ireland or Great Britain.
- On a divan base, the guarantee is given only for 7 years. You need to claim for repairing your furniture. Drawer runner failure repair is caused when you have exceeded the weight limit, castor breakage, and frame construction failure. The warranty period does not cover up situations if your divan has been purposely misused, mishandled, or kept in a weathered condition for a long period, or if animals were allowed to sleep or walk on the product.
How to get access to their website and their products?
- First type John Lewis in the search box of your preferred internet browser.
- In the menu, list clicks on my account option.
- Now register yourself by clicking on create an account.
- Enter the email address and a password of your choice consisting of an uppercase letter, a lowercase letter, a number, and a symbol.
- Two options the account holder has to choose from, whether he or she wants to get the latest updates, offers, etc. customer has to choose between Yes, subscribe to all – on clicking this you will get the notifications, and on clicking no, let me choose where the customer is allowed to choose what types of notifications he or she will receive.
- Click on the option below- create account.
- After successfully registering your account, log in with the given email address and password.
Delivery conditions set by John Lewis
- Free delivery when you purchase products worth £50 or above.
- £3.95 to be paid by the customer as a delivery charge when they order products whose total worth is less than £50.
- Products that are small in size such as stools, chairs, bedside tables, etc. are delivered within six business days from Monday to Saturday from 7:30 am to 6:30 pm.
- Products that are large like, beds, wardrobes, sofa-cum beds, chest of drawers, etc. are delivered free within three working days from the date the product is ordered.
- For larger items or goods, the company offers a free 10-hour standard delivery slot. The customers are allowed to choose between the time slots they can receive the product. The time slots are from Monday to Friday from 7 am to 5 pm or 11 am to 9 pm, and on Saturday from 7 am to 5 pm.
- The company provides you with an email notification when the product is moved from the warehouse and is out for delivery to your address 2 hours before the expected delivery time.
To conclude, the warranty period given on the furniture does not apply to all the products but only to the selected ones. So we can justify that their mode of warranty or the guarantee period is given on the furniture is limited only to certain types. They will accept or repair only those unused and highly protected products, they would reject or exchange or repair the misused or mishandled products that is if the owners purposely damaged them by hand or with the help of their pets to get a free repairing or manufacturing replacement.