If you are thinking of buying Virtual reality games Virtual reality headsets and other virtual reality gear from Oculus, and you are in doubt if Oculus’s acceptance of prepaid cards, this article would provide you with information on Oculu’s acceptance of prepaid cards, and answer your other questions on Oculus’s virtual reality studio and stores. Find out here if Oculus accepts prepaid cards.
Does Oculus Accept Prepaid Cards
According to Oculus’s website, the virtual reality company does not approve prepaid cards as a payment method. This means that you would not be able to buy a virtual reality game or gaming gear on Oculus if all you have is a prepaid card. The approved payment options on Oculus are American Express, Mastercard or Visa-issued debit or credit cards, and PayPal. The approved payment methods are discussed in detail, below.
Ways Of Paying On Oculus Using PayPal
PayPal is one of the approved payment options on Oculus virtual reality games and gaming gear stores. To make payments on the Oculus store with your Paypal account, you would first have to connect your Paypal account to Oculus. To make a payment on oculus using PayPal:
– Open the Meta Oculus Quest app on your device. If you don’t have the Meta Oculus Quest app on your device, you can simply go to the Play store (for android devices) or the Apple app store (ios) and download the Oculus Meta Quest app.
– Scroll to the top left aspect of the homepage, and tap on your profile picture.
-After clicking on your meta oculus profile picture, click on the button tagged “payment methods”.
– After clicking on “payment methods”, the next thing for you to do is to add your Paypal account, log in to your Paypal account, and follow the instructions you are given on-screen to complete the process of connecting your Paypal account to Oculus.
After connecting your Paypal account to Oculus, you can choose from Paypal’s two options for paying. Your options include PayPal credit and PayPal balance, and you can choose either of them. To choose a PayPal payment method you prefer, follow these steps:
– head over to PayPal.com and sign in to your Paypal personal account.
– Click on “wallet” in the menu section.
– Click on your choice of PayPal payment method
-In the section tagged “preferred when paying online” set your choice of PayPal payment method as preferred.
You can now make payments on Oculus through Paypal.
Ways Of Paying On Oculus Using a Debit Card/Credit Card
If you are going to successfully make payments on Oculus with a debit or card, it has to be issued by either Mastercard, American Express, and Visa. Debit cards issued by other entities apart from the ones mentioned above would be rejected by Oculus. Steps for adding a debit card as a payment method on Oculus.
– Head over to your Oculus app, and press “menu”.
– Click on “settings”.
– After clicking on settings, the next thing for you to do is to click on “payment methods”.
– A menu would pop up where you would have to fill in your debit or credit card details. Fill in the details and click on “save” to save the debit or credit card as a payment method.
Your debit or credit card is now your preferred payment method on the Oculus app.
Steps To Change Your Default Payment Method On the Oculus App
If you had previously set PayPal or a debit or credit card as your way of paying for virtual reality games and gaming gear on Oculus, and you want to set up another one, here’s what you should do:
– Open the Oculus app on your device and press “settings”.
– Click on”payments”.
– Click on “add the payment method”.
– select what you want to use as your default method of payment.
– Enter the information you were asked to enter and tap “save”.
Oculus Online Store Products
Oculus has several products on sale in its online store. Some of these products are games like Robo recall, space discovery, RPG, and so on. Check out Oculus’s website to know the virtual reality games Oculus have on sale, visit their virtual reality game shop at www.oculus.com. Apart from virtual reality games, Oculus sells Virtual reality gaming gear like Oculus virtual reality headsets.
As mentioned in this article, Oculus does not approve prepaid cards as a payment option on their online store. There are many other payment options you can choose from to pay for the virtual games and virtual gaming gear you bought on oculus. To use any one of the oculus payment methods, follow all the steps you have read in this article. That prepaid cards are not approved on Oculus should not be an obstacle to buying virtual reality games and gaming gear on oculus, use the alternatives mentioned in this article.