Introduction: IKEA, founded in the year 1943 by then-teenager Ingvar Kamprad, is a multinational company that deals in furniture sets and other essential household goods. The brand achieved global recognition for being the first company in the world to come up with the idea of flat-base furniture, that can easily be shipped in parts and helps a great deal in the transportation process. Headquartered in Delft, Netherlands, IKEA has remained the Number 1 furniture company in the world since the year 2006. The remarkable consistency in IKEA’s success can be attributed to many factors that include the cost-cutting measures, operational techniques, and innovations over the years. In this article, we will jot down the points revolving around IKEA employee discount.
The company lays down in its website the pride it takes in each of its co-workers and employees. They provide a 15% discount to all the employees that can be availed by their dependents as well. In addition to that, there are a host of other benefits that IKEA provides to its co-workers for their dedication and loyalty to the company.
IKEA provides a host of facilities to all of its employees.
IKEA Employee Discount are as follow:
- Discounts offered:
- As mentioned earlier, employees at IKEA and their dependents are entitled to a discount of 15% on the marked price of articles. One important thing to note is that the normal discounts being offered aren’t included in the special employee discount! As such, they can get the products at very low prices.
- Co-worker loyalty program:
- IKEA calls this program Tack! (meaning “Thank You” in Swedish). Under this program, IKEA makes a certain contribution to each of the employees’ pension funds. This, the company says, is a way of saying thanks to all of the employees and co-workers for their continued support and loyalty shown to the company.
The best thing about the loyalty program is all of the workers from the same country receive the same amounts, i.e., irrespective of the position in the company where one is working.
- Bonus Program:
- Under this program, IKEA rewards its employees for their performance throughout the year, and for achieving certain milestones. IKEA’s website claims that this program is based on the values of simplicity and togetherness within the company, wherein each of the employees works in cohesion to achieve similar targets.
- Learning opportunities:
- IKEA makes sure to provide ample learning opportunities to all of its employees and almost 75% of the employees have reported career growth after working at IKEA. The company offers a variety of internal training programs and the employees are allowed to choose their career development paths.
Thus, we have seen in this article that IKEA does its best to provide world-class facilities to its employees, and to provide lifetime support for each of them. The employees at IKEA have rated the place very highly, and one should have no hesitation in joining the company if he/she has the chance to do so. The global presence of the company also helps the employees to gain attention in a wide number of countries.
Frequently Asked Questions:
We took a look at some of the most asked questions on the internet about IKEA and its customer benefit programs. In this section, a few questions have been compiled along with the most appropriate answers for each of them.
Question. What is the process to get a job at IKEA?
Once someone applies for a job on IKEA’s website or any other portal, the hiring managers would contact a candidate within 30 days if his/her profile is found to be qualified enough for the job. After that, the interview process follows. The questions asked at an IKEA interview are unique in the sense that they are designed to test the behavior, cognitive skills, and technical ability of the candidates. The candidates would receive further communication from the company if they are selected for the role, and an offer letter would be sent subsequently.
Question. What is the minimum age to be working at IKEA?
A person needs to be of at least 18 years of age to be working at IKEA. This applies to permanent jobs as well as seasonal/part-time jobs. Although there have been occasions when IKEA has hired 16-year-olds, that is quite rare. The senior positions usually require one to have a formal college degree related to the position one is applying for.
Question. What makes IKEA unique?
IKEA has always been able to adapt to new technologies. They were also the first in introducing many new ideas which are prevalent even today in the market. IKEA was the first company to start shipping out their furniture ready-to-assemble pieces. This resulted in reduced shipping costs and allowed the company to focus more on their products instead. IKEA has been praised over the years for its simplistic yet attractive, modern designs which attract customers from different sections of society.