In this article, we will see Does Fiverr accept prepaid card?
Yeah, Fiverr accepts payment using any major credit or debit card. But majorly, you may link your account with PayPal for easy access. Using a prepaid card is largely used by the buyer to make it easier. This can be possible if you send the money directly to Fiverr rather than paying the seller for the services bought.
Fiverr is an online service marketplace. It has been in existence since 2010. It was founded in Israel and has its headquarters located in Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel. Fiverr is available in over 100 countries and different languages like English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Portuguese, and Italian. In Fiverr, the seller displays their services known as gigs, seek or approached by buyers known as clients, business is carried and payment is done.
In Fiverr, you pay for the service first before Jobs are completed. The company have an legal payment plan in the sense that, funds paid via buying your goods will be pending for 14 days before clearance. The reason behind such is to ensure that the buyer didn’t have a bit of complain about the services rendered by the seller. If there is no issue, the buyer can freely withdraw the funds to the account provide but if any issues arises, Fiverr returns the money.
Fiverr payment methods
Fiverr, as a global organization must have numerous payment options. Those payment options depends on the country resided or the type of device used and the permission granted or required. Some of those payment methods you can choose from includes:
- Credit or debit cards: mostly applicable to countries of residents and kind of card used.
- PayPal: The most popular method of payment on Fiverr. Fiverr also provide an opportunity to connect your PayPal account with your Fiverr account.
- Apple pay: these are applicable to those who uses iOS Fiverr application installed in their device. It is not for all countries.
- Google pay: this is applicable to Android users who download the Fiverr app. You can use Google pay to make purchases but not all countries can use this method.
- Wire Transfer: this is an electronic transfer payment system like SWIFT. Fiverr also accept such payment but available for business clients only.
- Using Fiverr balance: this case is mostly used by sellers on Fiverr who are looking to purchase a service from another seller in Fiverr and they have a balance in their Fiverr account.
Others notable payment methods
iDEAL= used in the Netherlands.
Giro pay= used in Germany
Sofort= used in Germany, Belgium and Austria
Boleto=used in Brazil
OXXO= based in Mexico and it is a voucher based payment method.
There are some fin tech agencies that Fiverr uses for payment which are not mentioned here, we urge you to search for more.
How to use prepaid card for payment on Fiverr?
If you want to use prepaid card for payment on Fiverr, this is how to do it.
- Create an account on Fiverr.
- On the review and pay page which is located at the bottom select credit, and debit cards
- Mark the remember box in order not to repeat the process complete the required card details
- Make payment. (source, www.fiverr.com)
Which methods is mostly used?
Prepaid card payments are not mostly used. PayPal is the most used payment platform on Fiverr because it is accepted by many countries and many brands as their accepted mode of payment. Prepaid cards are mostly used by business associates and residents in some top countries like the U.S.A.
Also, the kind of prepaid cards offered by the banks does matter a lot because some might be declined. In other to link your cards to Fiverr, do ensure that you research the card and the issuer if it can be accepted by Fiverr.
Question and answer
Must I make payments first before buying on Fiverr?
Yes, make payments first before purchasing any gig, that’s a Fiverr rule. Fiver also provides a medium to secure your funds against incomplete service and scammers.
What if I have the required funds but spread across two different cards?
Fiverr allows you to make purchases with 2 payment methods. But that payment must be approved by them. This case also applies to using two different payment methods like a prepaid card and PayPal.
If my country is on the payment restricted list, what will I do?
What you need to do is credible research on the kind of payment accepted by Fiverr and also use in your country. You can also use third-party payment which is paying someone abroad to help you make payment. But such plans are not advisable. Furthermore, you can contact their customer support system and lay down your complaint, you will be given away to access it.
I have a prepaid card and it was declined why?
If you research about the card and it shows that you can use it for payment and it declines, try it out at different time intervals or you need to have more funds in the account.
Finally, as stated above, Fiverr accept many prepaid cards for purchase, but it is restricted to some countries only. Therefore, it is important to note that if your card was declined, research about your country of residence and the kind of payment that is acceptable.