H&M is a global fashion retailer. In this article, we will be discussing the H&M Return Policy in detail. Headquartered in Sweden, it operates over 4,000 stores in 74 markets. H&M has over 2 million employees and generated 2,480 crores USD. It’s one of the largest global clothing retailers. H&M is a family-owned company and the majority of shares are held by Stefan Persson, one of the sons of founding father, Erling Persson.
H&M Return Policy
H&M’s return policy states that customers can return or exchange items at any H&M store within 90 days of purchase, while items purchased online can be returned to any retail location. Customers may also order a pre-paid shipping label for returns by logging into their account and printing a label online. As for the refund process, many customers have reported being refunded in-store credit rather than cash, so it’s best to confirm with an associate before making your purchase.
- You can return a product up to six months after you bought it. All products from H&M have a label stating the time frame for returns.
- Returns should be made in person at your nearest store or through mail order by sending the item back with all original tags and packaging still attached, together with a copy of your invoice and packing slip issued by them.
- They urge that you get evidence of shipping if you are returning an item for a refund. Any products lost in transit or damaged during return shipping will not be refunded. Before returning the box to them, double-check that it is properly packed. If a product comes damaged, use the delivery note and box to return the item and notify Customer Service by phone or email within 14 days of receiving your order.
- Once they receive your return, they will calculate the total cost of your item, including shipping and handling charges.
- Items returned must be unworn, in their original packaging with all tags intact and not damaged in any way. All items must also be returned within their return period, without exception.
- When you return an item to H&M it will depend on the applicable conditions if they execute the refund within 14 days or send you a certificate for return within a set period (14 / 30 days). If the return period has expired, they will not be able to refund your order.
- People, who use the free shipping options, will receive a refund for the shipping cost only.
- If you need to return an item or it is defective or damaged, you can send it back using their pre-printed label.
- H&M has several stores in Canada and the products that are available in Canada are different from those available in other countries. Therefore, they cannot guarantee that they will be able to offer you a refund if you return a product purchased online that was originally purchased from an international store.
- Items purchased in the United States cannot be returned in any Canadian H&M store, nor can items purchased in Canada be returned to the US H&M stores.
- H&M has stores in 28 countries around the world. Unfortunately, your rights to return purchases from one country to another may vary
H&M Return Policy Faqs
- What can I return to H&M?
- Clothes for a change of mind.
- If they are damaged, stained, or you don’t like but are kept just in case.
- Clothes with labels are still attached if you want to return the item and buy something similar.
- What can’t be returned to H&M?
-Used clothing (unless they’re in an unworn and unsoiled condition) -Size change without a receipt in hand -Damaged items that are more than 12 months old, unless they’ve had some kind of accident. -H&M payment items such as Gift Cards, My H&M Account, and Birthday Cards
- How long can I keep the item after returning?
They’d like to keep your original item(s) for at least one year from the purchase date. However, you are allowed to return or exchange your items within this timeframe. So if you want to keep an item for longer than a year, you will have to get a new one (and pay the difference).
- Can I return more than one item?
They don’t make any exceptions – they just won’t refund you the delivery cost of each additional returned item.
- Is it possible to alter the size and style of an item that has been returned?
Yes, you can do that in one of our stores. They will not take any returns from the website.
When you buy something from H&M it is always a good idea to return your purchase if for any reason you are unhappy with it. They will happily return your product if it is eligible for the above H&M Return Policy. I am sure you will be very satisfied with their customer service.