Connecting your DirecTV to your internet router is beneficial as it makes your programs and other functions accessible and in one place. You can get multiple streaming channels along with regular cable and other channels all in one place.DirecTv also has a 72 hours rewind option, which enables you to catch up on programs you have missed in the last couple of days.How to Connect Directly to Internet Router,you can record programs and also add them to the queue so that you can continue watching without interruption. DirecTv also provides you with programs that are now off the air. You can enjoy returns of your favorite shows and movies anytime at your convenience. When you connect your DirecTv to your internet router, you won’t have to connect it to a temperamental satellite dish to access channels.
To Connect your DirecTv, you need to keep the Following Things in Mind
- Wireless router or gateway. Make sure it is connected to your internet service.
- Your internet connection should have at least a speed of 750 Kbps.
- If you want efficient streaming, you should choose an Internet connection that provides you with a speed of 2Mbps.
- A DirecTv connection. Check if your model works with the kind of internet router you have or not. The model is listed on the back of a sticker, along with other information.
You can have any of the Following DirecTv Models
● Genie HR44
● Genie HR54
● Genie H44
Before trying to connect directly to your internet router, you need to check if your router has the WPS logo or not. We have outlined the steps to connect your DirecTv to the internet router in either case.
With WPS Router
If your router has a WPS button, it means you can use the following steps to connect your DirecTv to your router.
- Go to Menu on your TV screen using your remote.
- Go to Settings
- Go to Network Setup > Connect Now
- Click on the Push Button Setup
- Push on the WPS button on your router. If you cannot find it, it is the one that usually has the logo of WPS on it. Your TV will detect your device. However, it may take a few moments to load.
- Verifying the connection may take a minute. After that, your router is set up.
You can also Set up your Router Manually
To do so, follow the following steps
- Go to Menu using your remote
- Go to settings
- Go to Internet Setup and select Connect Now.
- When your system recognizes the system setup, click on Set Up Wireless
- Select the Wireless Network you have to connect to. There will be a list of these, showing all the available connections in your vicinity.
- Enter your password for the Wireless network. Your DirecTv will now be connected to your connection.
Without a WPS Router
If it does not have the logo, then you should follow the following steps to connect DirecTV to the internet router.
- Connect the wireless Directv Cinema Connection Kit to your receiver. You will receive a message on your screen saying – Connection has been detected.
- Use your DirecTv remote to navigate on the screen and select Set It Up or any other similar option on your TV.
- Choose the wireless network that you want to connect with. There will be a list of these, showing all the available connections in your vicinity.
- Once you select that, you will have to enter your Security Key. This refers to the password of your internet router. It is suggested that you do not share this with anyone apart from your family members and people who have to use the router.
- After entering the key, select Connect Now.
- Select Continue, go through your connection settings, and see if you want to change something. You can find out about your connectivity speed, the number of devices connected to the internet router, and whether there is connectivity available in these settings. You can also change your password/Security Key if you wish to do so.
- Click on Done when you’re finished with the settings.
- Your setup is complete. It should be noted that it may take anywhere betweeN 24-48 hours before all the programs are available. Keep checking the OnDemand options to see for yourself.
Some more Points to Remember before Connecting your DirecTv
- Know what model you have. If you are unsure, check the manual read the back of your setup.
- Make sure you have a fast internet connection.
- Get an internet router that allows connectivity across various devices. It should be able to handle connections across devices like smartphones, laptops, computers, DirecTv.
It is very easy to get your DirecTv connected to your internet router. However, if you are unsure of your abilities, we suggest you take help from someone who knows how to do this or call an expert.