Are you tired of using separate remotes for your Xfinity cable and your TV? Programming your Xfinity remote can save you some time and energy! In here, we know How to program Xfinity remote?
Normally, Xfinity remotes only control the cable and users often have to use a separate remote for their TV. You can easily program your Xfinity remote to control your TV using the Microphone or Set Up button, depending upon your Model. Alternatively, you can also use the “My Account” Mobile App to program your Xfinity remote.
Programming your Xfinity remote has two main advantages:
- Using the “right” remote won’t be an issue. You can use your Xfinity remote for both your cable and TV.
- You can operate your Xfinity TV from a distance of up to 50 feet. This is especially helpful for entertainment centers and AV halls. You can even adjust the volume or channel from another room. This is because Xfinity remotes work on Bluetooth connection, unlike standard remotes that use IR blaster for control.
How to program?
Both XR15 and XR16 are receptive to voice commands.
- Press the Microphone button on your Xfinity remote and say “Program Remote”.
- A dialogue box will appear on your TV screen confirming if you want to pair your remote with your TV. Select “Yes”.
- Your TV screen will provide instructions on how to pair your remote
If it doesn’t work, consider following the instructions given below:
How to program your XR16 remote without voice command?
Press A and select “Remote Setup”. Follow the instructions on your screen.
How to program your XR15 remote without voice command?
- Search for the programming code on the Xfinity Lookup tool.
- To make the red light turns green, hold the Xfinity and Mute buttons together for 5-7 seconds.
- Enter the programming code you found online.
- The green light of your remote will flash twice when you’ve successfully programmed your remote.
How to program your XR2/XR5 Xfinity remote?
Neither XR2 nor XR5 is receptive to voice commands. You can use the following steps to program these remotes.
- Go to the Xfinity LookUp tool and get the programming code for your Xfinity model.
- Turn the TV on with its remote. (Don’t use the Xfinity remote yet. It won’t work.)
- Press the Set-up/Set button
- Wait until the LED indicator turns Green(or Red depending upon your Model.)
- Enter the programming code you found on the Xfinity LookUp tool.
- If your LED remote has flashed twice, your TV has identified your remote.
- If your TV doesn’t respond, try a different programming code from the Xfinity Lookup tool.
In case you have an XR11 remote, you will have to program your remote manually using the steps given above. Though XR11 is a voice remote, it cannot be programmed using voice commands.
How to use the My account app to program your remote?
You can also set up your Xfinity remote by using Xfinity’s My Account app.
Use the steps given below to easily program your remote using the My Account app:
- Download the app on your Android or iOS.
- Tap on the TV icon and select your TV box.
- Select “SetUp remote”
- Choose the device you want to pair
- Follow the instructions.
You can easily program your Xfinity remote. The procedure depends upon your Xfinity model. You can program XR15 and XR16 using a voice command. To do so, simply speak “Program Remote” to the Microphone button. Refer to your TV screen for instructions. If it doesn’t work, you will need to program it manually. For XR16, press A on your remote and find “Remote Setup”. For XR15, press the Xfinity and Mute buttons simultaneously. a few seconds. When the LED light turns green, enter the programming code from the Xfinity lookup tool. Wait for the green light to flash twice. Try another code if it doesn’t work. For XR2, XR5, XR11, press the setup button, enter the code from the Xfinity Lookup tool and wait for the LED light to flash twice. You can also program your Xfinity remote by using Xfinity’s My Account Mobile App for Android and iOS.
- Where’s the SetUp button on new Xfinity models?
Neither XR15 nor XR15 has a setup button. You can program these remotes using voice commands. After pressing the Microphone button, You can just say “Program Remote”. If the voice commands don’t work, follow the instructions given above to program these remotes manually.
- XR16 doesn’t have a numpad. hold down “A” on your remote and search for the option of “Remote Setup”
- If you are using XR15, hold the “Xfinity” and “Mute” buttons for a few seconds until the light turns green. Wait for the green light to flash twice after entering the code from the Xfinity lookup tool.
- Can Xfinity remote replace Amazon Fire Stick?
No. You cannot program your Xfinity remote to act as Amazon Fire Stick.
- How can I find the programming code from the Xfinity Lookup tool?
- Google “Xfinity LookUp tool” and go to their website.
- Choose your Xfinity model
- Select “Continue”
- Please select the device with which you want to pair your Xfinity remote. (TV/Audio device)
- Enter the Manufacturer’s name for your device
- Depending upon your choice, you may get multiple codes. Try as many codes as you can find to determine which code will work for you.