Installing a dishwasher is not a task one can hope to do without proper supervision or expertise. That is why it is advisable to call a professional like a plumber to fix it for you. The problem with having plumbers fix a dishwasher, however, is that there is no regulated price for it, and it can take a lot of hours to get the job done. In here, we know ‘Does Home Depot install dishwashers?’
Yes, Home Depot install the dishwasher. To get your dishwasher installed at Home Depot, you will be required to first purchase the dishwasher at the store before moving to ask for installation service. If you purchase $396 and above at Home Depot, you will get a free dishwasher installation.
How to get your dishwasher installed by Home Depot?
Here are some steps to take if you want to get your dishwasher installed by Home Depot;
- While at the store, select the dishwasher you would like to install and make payments.
- To access a free delivery and installation service by Home Depot, you will be required to spend more than $396 on your shopping.
- If your purchase is below $396, you will be required to pay a fee of $59 for the delivery of the dishwasher.
- If you live in an apartment building that requires a staircase to transport the dishwasher, you need to inform the team at the store before making a delivery and installation appointment.
- After making your payment, a delivery date will be given to you so you will be required to expect your item and also prepare for the installation.
- Before the team arrives for the installation, you need to check the space requirement on the product page of the dishwasher. This will help you know if the dishwasher would fit into the available space intended for it in your kitchen.
- The installation policy requires that a water supply line with a shut-off valve must be placed behind the dishwasher before the installation process can begin.
- You will also need to have new connection hoes for the dishwasher; the Installers will not use an old connection part for a new dishwasher installation.
- The flooring of your kitchen will also be examined to ensure that it does not obstruct the front legs of the dishwasher before the installation can begin.
- On the day of the delivery, you will receive a notification message ahead of the delivery time. An adult will be required to sign the delivery package before the installation begins.
- Ensure you or anyone receiving the dishwasher inspects it to be sure there are no defects or issues with the package before signing the package.
The Installation process
After receiving the dishwasher, the next steps will be taken to get it installed for you;
- First, ensure that the old dishwasher has been cleared from the space you want the new one to be placed. If you do not have any old appliances, check to see if the space perfectly fits the dishwasher before the installer starts working.
- The Home Depot installers would, first of all, unpack the new dishwasher, test to see if it works perfectly before starting the installation process.
- The dishwasher would then be installed.
- The team would clear up any mess made during the installation process, you do not have to worry about cleaning up all by yourself.
- If you notice any problem with the dishwasher after the installation, it is important for you to immediately reach out to the store. If you fail to reach out to the store within 48 hours of installation, your refund request might be delayed or even rejected. Thus, Home Depot install dishwashers.
Appliances Home Depot installs
Home Depot install dishwashers. Other appliances Home Depot can help you install include;
- Electric Dryers
- Washing machine
- Gas dryer
- Electric ranges
- Gas ranges
- Over the range microwave
Advantages of having Home Depot install your dishwasher
Here are some benefits you will enjoy by using the Home Depot installation service;
Local plumbers charge from $50 to $500 depending on the size, distance and duration, just to have a dishwasher installed for you. Unlike the local plumbers, Home Depot has a fixed price for customers. once you are done with your purchases, you don’t have to worry about the delivery, Home Depot will deliver and install your dishwasher once you have made an appointment with them.
- Quality assurance
The installation is done by certified plumbers and professionals from Home Depot. You do not have to worry about the quality of the service; if there is any problem during the installation process, the store would have it fixed for you. You are also allowed to request a replacement if you notice any problem with the dishwasher within 48 hours of installation.
- Free services
For purchases above $396, you will get a free delivery and installation service from the Home Depot team.
- Get a clean job
The Home Depot team will clean up the work area after the installation. You do not have to worry about doing the cleaning.
Home Depot allows customers to get a dishwasher installation after purchase. The service is made available to customers who buy the appliance from their store. ensure you have checked everything listed in the installation requirement before booking an appointment with the Home Depot installation team.
Frequently asked Questions
- Is dishwasher installation free at Home Depot?
Dishwasher installation is free for purchases above $396. For any purchase less than that amount, you will be required to pay additional charges.
- How long is the dishwasher installation guarantee?
The guarantee is within 48 hours after the installation. After 48 hours, you might not able to request a refund or replacement from Home Depot.