Hulu is an OTT video streaming platform. The Walt Disney Company owns Hulu. It was launched on October 29, 2007, and has around 43.8 million active subscribers. This article will help you know more about the Hulu Watch Party feature which lets you watch Hulu with friends. How to use this feature, the web series and movies available, everything is covered in this article.
Hulu Watch Party
Hulu watch party feature allows users to watch their favorite movies or web series with their friends from anywhere around the world. While streaming your favorite show or movie, there is a group chat to the video where you can talk and discuss with your friends.
How many friends can connect?
A single session of the Hulu house party consists of eight members. Remember that the subscribers who want to join the Hulu house party must be 18 or above. This Hulu house party is not eligible for people who are less than 18 years. If you are using the same Hulu account as your friend then you need to use a different profile from the same account to join the Hulu watch party.
Which devices can be used to join or host a house party?
You can join or host the house party feature by visiting Hulu.com with the help of a supported web browser. Hulu Watch Party is an online feature.
Steps to use Hulu Watch Party
Following are the steps on how to host a watch party:
- Firstly, you need to visit Hulu.com on a web browser.
- Choose the series or movie that you would like to watch at a house party and you need to go to the details page of that particular show or movie and click on the house party icon.
- Click on the ‘Select the house party’ option.
- For inviting your friends to the house party session, go to the chain option and copy the link to share it with friends.
What is Teleparty? How to use it on Hulu?
Teleparty is a browser extension that lets you watch your desired web series or movies with your friends on any streaming websites like Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, etc. The members who want to use Teleparty, must have a subscription to the particular streaming service where they want to watch. The show or movies not available on Hulu Watch Party are available on Teleparty. Following are the steps to use Teleparty:
- Firstly, you need to install the Teleparty app
- Select the series or movie which you want to watch and click on the play button
- Go to your browser and select the TP option
- For inviting your friends, you need to click on the upper right corner and copy the link to send to your friends
To sum up, everything that has been stated so far, Hulu Watch Party is a great feature to watch your favorite movies or series with your friends anywhere around the world. If the show or series which you want to watch is not available on Hulu House Party, then you can watch it with Teleparty too.
Frequently asked questions
1. What should you remember while using Watch Party?
A. Following are the points that you need to remember while using Hulu Watch Party:
- People who want to join the Hulu Watch Party session need to click on the link provided by the host.
- For hosting or joining the Hulu Watch Party session, you must have a Hulu subscription.
- For a single session, only eight people can join at a time.
- The members who wanna join must be 18 years or older.
- For visiting the website, the members should use a supported web browser.
- Only those shows or web series are available on Hulu House Party which are streaming on the Hulu library
- From one account, two people can join the Hulu Watch party session by using different profiles. More than two people can also join from a single Account but, for that, you need to pay for the exact purpose of the screen upgrade
2. What is the cost of the Hulu Watch Party?
A. No, there are no charges for the Hulu House Party. To enjoy this feature, you need to have a Hulu subscription. For joining or hosting you need to have an account. Two people can join through different profiles from a single account but, if more than two people want to join using a single account then, they need to pay for the screen upgrade.