When one is handicapped or has some kind of disability it is very difficult to survive with such an inability. But to make their life easy there are many devices and innovation has been developed so that they can also enjoy a normal life. Among all those aids and devices one of the most useful innovations for physically handicapped people in the wheelchair. With the wheelchair, they can move and they are not dependent on anyone for their mobility. Does the Ark Encounter have Wheelchairs? keep reading.
What is the Ark Encounter?
Ark Encounter contains a complete Noah’s Ark constructed to the accurate determination in the Bible. This modern tech marvel, which measures 510 feet long, 85 feet wide, and 51 feet high, awes tourists of all ages. Ark Encounter is located in Williamstown, Kentucky, in gorgeous Grant County, half the way between Cincinnati and Lexington, and just off I-75.
With the existence of Noah’s Ark, you can immerse yourself in Bible history! Encounter Noah and his family, as well as the creatures on Ark. In addition to a zoo, zip lines, and a wood restaurant, the family-friendly Ark Encounter amusement park near Cincinnati, has a zoo. As you travel through Noah’s world onboard the massive Ark, you’ll see marks of world-class showcase bays on three decks. These breathtaking displays allow you to imagine what Noah’s life might be like.
Does the Ark Encounter have Wheelchairs?
Ark Encounter is handicap accessible; the Ark is accessible by wheelchair and stroller. Visitors may carry their own, or hosting provides strollers and wheelchairs on a first-come, first-served core principle for the comfort of all guests.
A single stroller costs $10, and a double stroller costs $12. Wheelchairs are $12, and a few Electric Convenience Vehicles (ECVs) are $38. Service charges are non-refundable and entail sales tax.
Different Services Provided by the Ark Encounter
There are different services provided by the Ark Encounter to its customers, some of their services include:
1. There are ATMs accessible. All debit and credit cards are accepted at ticket booking, restaurant venues, and souvenir shops.
2. To keep the guests relaxed, the Ark Encounter is furnished with both heating and air conditioning systems.
3. The optional Combo Tickets, a combo ticket entitles the visitor to a one-day pass to both the Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum.
4. Food Assistance, Ark Encounter’s eatery and snack stands provide a selection of delectable meal options, along with special needs choices.
5. The Ark Encounter is only a short drive from a plethora of accommodation options. Pick the ideal hotels in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
6. Parking is $15 for conventional vehicles and $20 for large vehicles and is payable upon entry. Free parking is included with Lifetime Boarding Passes.
7. Photography, apart from the Museum of the Bible display and theater and video seminars, visitors are open to photograph and record all Ark Encounter displays. Most of the Ark videos are accessible on DVD, which can be purchased in our web store or at the onshore gift store.
8. The Ark is also accessible for the specially abled people as the Ark provides a wheelchair- and stroller which helps them to get a comfortable and delightful experience of the Ark Encounter.
9.The Ark Encounter is accessible to visitors who are deaf or of less hearing ability. The videos are titled, and the overall experience is visually attractive and exploratory. If visitors need an interpreter, they can request special support, and the Ark support team will check if one of their wonderful, knowledgeable volunteers is accessible.
How to Buy a Ticket for the Ark Encounter?
The Ark entry and combo tickets have no expiration date and are legitimate for 1 year from the time of purchase. No need to make reservations as there is lots of space both in and out. The tickets are available online you can purchase them by visiting the Ark Encounter official website or just write Tickets for Ark Encounter on your Google search bar and it will take you to the page where you can buy the tickets.
The Ark Encounter is one of the finest and most artistic places where you will get the feel of Noah’s Ark, it is designed in such a way that it pictures the story of Noah and his journey in a very beautiful and unique way. If you wish to see and feel Noah’s story you should visit the Ark Encounter and it has all the facilities for its guests. Not only that, the Ark Encounter is accessible for the physically handicapped and hearing-impaired people as they have wheelchairs and strollers and visual guides for them.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How is the restroom facility in the Ark Encounter?
Ans: Restrooms are available all through the facility and easily accessible to the handicapped people as well.
2. Do you have any special arrangements for groups?
Ans: Groups receive discounted prices as well as specialized check-in and ticketing guidance. Discounts for Ark Encounter groups cannot be merged with any other discount coupons or offers. A group must have at least 15 paying guests.
3. What are the park hours, as well as the zoo and restaurant schedules?
Ans: 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Sunday
Monday through Saturday, from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The parking lot gates will open 30 minutes before the Ark Encounter.
4. What is the fee for using the wheelchair in the Ark Encounter?
Ans: Manual wheelchairs are accessible for a fee of $12.