Are you excited to know Does Aldi Sell Gift Cards? Read the entire article for more information.
The German-based supermarket chain Aldi is popular in the US for offering a wide range of groceries and other household items at discounted prices. With over 2,150 stores operating across 36 US states, the supermarket chain is on its way to surpassing its competitors in the country. Aldi offers top-quality products at the lowest prices possible to keep up with its competitors.
To keep up with this trend, most retailers in the US started selling gift cards, and Aldi is no exception to this. The supermarket chain offers a range of gift card options starting from as low as $5 and going up to $100. Besides its gift cards, Aldi sells third-party gift cards during the holiday season.
Types Of Gift Cards Aldi Provides
Currently, the supermarket chain sells two types of gift cards- Aldi gift cards and third-party/other brand gift cards. Both Aldi gift cards and third-party gift cards are non-refundable and won’t be replaced/refunded if lost.
Aldi Gift Cards
Aldi sells its gift cards in the increment of $5, which can be loaded to a maximum of $100. The Aldi gift cards can be purchased throughout the year, only at the Aldi stores. Currently, Aldi gift cards aren’t available online. However, organizations or businesses can order the gift cards in bulk by mailing the following details to the company-
- Number of gift cards needed
- Gift card value
- Gift card restrictions(if any)
- Contact information
- Return shipping address
Third-Party Gift Cards
Third-part gift cards refer to other brands’ gift cards. Though Aldi gift cards are not available for purchase at other retailers, Aldi sells other brands’ gift cards. These gift cards are only available for purchase during the holiday season, probably from the start of November. Here’s a list of some of the other brands’ gift cards that Aldi sells at its stores-
- Google Play
- Home Depot, etc
One can get complete information on third-party gift cards by visiting the stores physically during the holiday season.
How To Purchase A Gift Card At Aldi?
One can purchase Aldi gift cards at the Aldi stores throughout the year. As of now, the supermarket chain doesn’t sell its gift cards online.
The process for purchasing a gift card from Aldi is quick. As the company’s website states, one can only load Aldi gift cards in increments of $5 up to $100. Following are the steps to purchase Aldi gift cards-
- Aldi gift cards are located at the checkout counter/cash register. If you cannot find them, take help from the store’s staff.
- Once you grab a gift card from the rack, hand it over to the store associate.
- Tell them the amount you want to load on the gift card, and you are done.
- Pay for it and collect your gift card.
How To Purchase Using A Gift Card At Aldi?
Using an Aldi gift card for payments is very easy. Following are the steps to purchase using an Aldi gift card-
- Carry your gift card to the store if you plan to use it for payment.
- After shopping at the store, inform the store associate that you will be using an Aldi gift card for payment at checkout.
- Hand over the gift card to the associate.
- Your card must have a sufficient balance to complete the transaction. It will get detected by the associate while scanning the card.
- If the gift card amount falls short, you can complete the transaction using a credit or debit card.
After completing the transaction, you can find your card balance at the bottom of the bill or ask the associate for the information.
In recent times, gift cards have become the best gifting option. Aldi, the German-based supermarket chain, best known in the US for its discounted prices, sells two gift cards- Aldi gift cards and third-party gift cards. Aldi gift cards come in the increment of $5 and can be loaded up to $100. Currently, the company doesn’t sell its gift cards online. One can only buy the cards at Aldi stores.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do Aldi Gift Cards Expire?
Aldi gift cards won’t expire without a card balance. However, cards with zero balance get deactivated after 90 days.
- Can I Recharge My Aldi, Gift Card?
Yes, Aldi allows its customers to recharge/reload their gift cards, except cards on zero balance for over 90 days. In this case, the cards get deactivated and can no longer be reloaded or used.
- Does Aldi Sell Any Other Gift Cards Besides Aldi Gift Cards?
As of 2022, Aldi does sell other brands’ gift cards like Google Play, Apple, Xbox, etc. However, these gift cards are only available during the holiday season, starting from November.
- Does Aldi Replace Lost Or Stolen Gift Cards?
Aldi treats the gift cards just like cash. Currently, the company doesn’t replace or refund lost/stolen gift cards.