The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The U.S. citizenship and immigration services is a sub-department of the United States Department of Homeland security (DHS). It is responsible for the country’s security through the immigration system. The agency currently has functions like processing and educating various immigration matters like applications for citizenship and work visas and asylum-seeking matters. Quality by clearing immigration cases and improving efficiency within the system of immigration and Customs. Let us know ‘How To Open USCIS Online Account Number?’.
It also handles immigrant visa petitions and grants green cards along with Refugee designation applications. USCIS is mainly focused on the naturalization process when a citizen is granted permanent residence. they have an online website that includes a self-service status checker and address change request form. You may also file a case inquiry on the website which is then directed to the office of the organization to be processed.
USCIS Online Account Number
When applicants and petitioners fill out the USCIS application form (I-130), there will be a space requesting an online account number. It is a 12-digit unique code. It is not to be confused with the alien registration number (A-Number) for the receipt number. It is specific to your account only. USCIS I will have made you their USCIS online account access notice. At the top of this notice, it’s your USCIS online account number. In history, if you have filed a petition on the application already they will have assured you an online account number electronically.
How to Open USCIS Online Account Number?
Step 1: Please visit https://myaccount.uscis.gov/users/sign_up
Step 2: Put in your Email Address and press Sign up. There will be a confirmation mail sent to notify you of the new login and to confirm the validity of the login as well.
- The confirmation will be sent via the mail address you have submitted.
- Select the link and you will be redirected to the page for creating your account
- If the mail is not seen in the inbox within 10 minutes, it will mostly be in the junk or spam folder.
- If the mail is still not received then you can select “Didn’t receive confirmation instructions?” for more information. You will be contacted by a representative shortly.
Step 3: Read the terms of usage and click on “I Agree and Consent”.
Step 4: Make a password for the account
- The password should not be less than 8 characters long
- The password must contain one lower case letter, one upper case letter, and at the minimum one special character.
- Confirm your password and select submit.
Step 5: Select the mode of communication of the verification code. It can be through text or mail. Click on “Submit”.
- A code will be generated as a time will be sent to your registered mail ID or mobile number as a text message depending on how you chose to receive it and what method of communication you use.
- It is encouraged that you use both options and then select submit.
- However, if you choose mobile then standard texting rates might apply.
- These texts are made my own opinions power junk folder so it is encouraged that you check it before clicking on “didn’t receive the verification code” for more information.
Step 6: Enter the verification code and submit.
Step 7: Select the password reset question and answers.
The USCIS is a government agency that looks after the backlog of immigration cases helps those approved for citizenship settle in and makes them undergo the naturalization process. The account number provided can be used as an identifier when dealing with all immigration-related agencies of the government. This is a 12-digit code and is a unique identifier. It can be used for a lot of purposes and is useful even after completing the process of immigration.
Some frequently asked questions:
What can you use the website for?
The website’s self-service does not resolve the issues or grievances of the inquirer then they can alternatively, forward the case to the center or office for review. Foreigners can also use the website to schedule appointments for relevant matters. Its mission statement reads as administering an adjudicating request for immigration benefits while safeguarding the integrity and American values of the nation.
What is deferred action?
Deferred action is a term used to identify an ap of prosecutorial discretion. It is used to define a certain person’s location used for habitual purpose as unlawful and any individual who in the case has been deferred declared is not considered to be lawfully present in the state’s boundary but cannot be persecuted.
However, deferred action is not supposed to be legal rank for an individual, nor does it hold justification for any previous or subsequent periods of unlawful presence. Any individual who is to receive employment authorization for a period Wherein he is under deferred action, can present his case by citing “an economic necessity for employment”