Lululemon Athletica is a popular athletic and lifestyle apparel company known for its fancy leggings and yoga pants which were extremely popular in both the U.S and Canada. Although it was initially founded for athleisure wear, it grew to accommodate more lifestyle apparel like footwear, leisurewear, accessories, etc. This article explains ‘Lululemon Military And Veteran Discount’.
Lululemon was founded by Chip Wilson in Vancouver Canada become one of the fast-growing companies as stated by fortune 500. Their business is still blooming even to this date and is extremely popular.
Initially known for their leggings, Lululemon is often considered America’s holy grail for yoga pants and leggings. Also spotted by many celebrities, they have established themselves as a premier athleisure wear for young and mid-age women who seem to wear them the most.
Often mocked as being a “cult” as quoted by popular website magazine “the business insider”, lululemon has been accompanied by many loyal customers who have not left its side since its inception in the U.S market. Their leggings and yoga pants are considered the best in business.
Lululemon has often stated its support to the U.S armed forces, participating in many popular occasions including the infamous veteran’s day. Let us dive deep and understand lululemon’s contribution to the military and veterans.
Does Lululemon offer a Military and Veteran Discount?
Supporting the U.S armed forces, especially active-duty military or retirees is an honor that every restaurant, company, or retail outlet should participate in. As stated above, lululemon is known actively support the U.S armed forces by providing good deals and discounts, some of the benefits offered by lululemon to the military and veterans are:
- Military members, their dependents, and spouses get 15% off on any full-priced items in-store or online after valid verification of ID
- This discount extends to not only the military but also first responders.
- Military – active, reservists, veteran and retired military personnel
- First responders- firefighters, law enforcement, search and rescue, EMTs, Medical doctors, and licensed nurses.
Lululemon has partnered with SheerID to verify if your military IDS or badges are real. To claim discounts all, you need to do is:
- Open the lululemon website link
- Create your account and sign in
- Enter valid and up-to-date information of you being of military or first responders. Documentation may also be required. it may take up to 48hrs to get confirmation.
- Once you have received your confirmation mail, you can shop and claim a 15% discount on all full-priced apparel.
What documentation is required?
You need valid military documentation showing proof of your duty, such as:
- Any copy of your discharge from active duty
- US uniformed service ID card
- US uniformed service retirement card
- Citations or commendations from the armed forces.
For first responders the valid proof of identification to show proof of your duty include:
- A document or ID showing your affiliation to the organization, status, service, etc.
- If you are medical personnel, you will need to show your medical license or registered nurse licensee
Online or offline?
Lululemon has given you the choice to redeem the discount offers. Although for ID and document verification you will still have to sign up the lululemon website and wait for confirmation, once it is received, you can get your 15% off either in-store or via online shopping.
If you have preferred to use the online mode of shopping, make sure you use the same login credentials as you have for your verification process, the 15% discount is usually applied at the checkout but do give it a double check just to make sure, as easy as that!
To claim the discount in person in-store, first make sure if your verification process came through. Then at checkout mention the same to the lululemon executive, they will do the rest. If you are visiting in-store then make sure you bring a valid ID for further identification.
Being one of the most popular athleisure wears in the Unites States, lululemon has lived up to its standard which it had set way back in 2007 when it went public. Their military and veteran discount of 15% is appreciable. However, they reduced it from 25% to 15% in Oct of 2021, which bring lululemon under the radar.
The reason for the decrease in the military and veteran discount is up to question but the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic can be blamed upon. As the situation stabilizes, we can hope lululemon is considerate enough to bring back the veteran’s discount to what it was before Oct 2021.
1. Can I apply the 15% discount on the lululemon item I have already purchased?
No, the discount is applicable only in the moment and present-time online or in-store purchases.
2. What’s lululemon’s return policy?
Any item of clothing, footwear, or accessories can be returned within 30 days of purchase. the item should have not sustained any damage and the purchase receipt should be intact.