All the 90’s kids who grew up reading and watching the Harry Potter series have one thing in common. Almost all of them hate Bellatrix Lestrange from the bottom of their hearts. And the actress who played the evil and quirky character of Bellatrix is none other than the fashion rebel Helena Bonham Carter. This British actress brought her strength to the minor yet effective role in the movies and left her fans in fear and awe. Known for her unique fashion sense and playing equally unique roles in movies, she is a much-adored actress. Let us see about Helena Bonham Carter’s net worth.
Helena Bonham Carter’s Net Worth
Helena Bonham Carter was born on May 26, 1966, in London to parents Raymond Bonham Carter and Elena Bonham Carter. She is the granddaughter of politician Violet
Bonham Carter. Without any formal acting training, Helena started her professional career debut in a television commercial at the age of 16.
- She essayed a small role in the 1983 film the pattern of Roses. Lady Jane Grey was her first leading role in a film. Helena’s breakthrough role in a room with a view was as Lucy Honeychurch.
- She later appeared in several films, including Wings of the Dove, Fight Club, Bellatrix Lestrange in the Harry Potter films (2007-11), Terminator Salvation, Alice in Wonderland (as the Red Queen), The Lone Ranger, and Alice Through the Looking Glass. In the Netflix popular series ‘crown’, Helena was seen playing the role of an aged princess Margaret.
- She is estimated to have a total net worth of $60 million as of 2022. Her fortune came from her career as an actress. She has appeared in several big-budget films that were box-office smashes and made huge profits.
- Planets of the Apes ($332.2 million), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I ($960.4 million), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II ($1.34 billion), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ($474.9 million), and The Lone Ranger ($215 million) are a few of the expensive films in which she has starred.
She earned a huge fortune through these movies and also has starred in some of low budget movies as well which also brought her home a considerable amount of money.
- Reportedly, some of her earnings come from property investing. The British actress owns several properties worldwide which are yet another source of income.
- She has starred in over 100 television and movie projects and effortlessly transitions between small budget and blockbuster films. Her preference for smaller-budget films makes calculating her salary difficult.
Tim Burton bought the house next door to Helena Bonham Carter’s residence in Belsize Park, London. When the couple parted, she received possession of their previous family home. In 2006, the pair bought a country estate in a mill house in Sutton Courtenay that her family had previously leased.
- Her car collection includes some of the big names and luxurious brands such as range rover vogue, BMW X1, Lincoln navigator and Audi RS6.
In 1989, Helena Bonham Carter partnered with Kenneth Branagh. Soon after, the couple broke up. The British actress was in a relationship with Tim Burton. They remained a couple from 2011 till 2014. They share a son and a daughter. She was given ownership of both houses following her divorce from Tim Burton. In media, she is popular for her slightly unconventional and more eccentric sense of fashion. Her choice of a slightly unconventional role worked well for her as she was nominated for 9 times for golden globe awards so far, 2 academy awards and five primetime Emmy awards. Though she has several unique roles to her credit, her role as the slightly off-the-hook witch Bellatrix Lestrange remains hugely popular among the masses and her fans.
The British actress, whose dark aesthetic added flair to roles ranging from historical dramas to modern fantasy, is unquestionably a red carpet rebel. Her taste for individuality can be seen in the roles she plays and the clothes she wears. She is truly at ease with her moniker of “fashion rebel.” With a comfortable net worth of $60 million and other properties to handle she leads life her way.
Frequently asked questions
1) Who is Helena Bonham Carter?
Ans. Helena Bonham Carter, popular for her role as Bellatrix Lestrange in the harry potter movies, is a British actress.
2) Which are the famous movies of Helena Bonham Carter?
Ans. The actress is known for some well-known movies such as fight club, Alice in wonderland, Alice through the looking glass, the lone ranger, harry potter and the half-blood prince, harry potter and the deathly hallows part I and II, Charlie and the chocolate factory,etc.
3) What is the estimated net worth of Helena Bonham Carter?
Ans. The estimated net worth of Helena Bonham carter is $60million. She also owns several properties. She owns a home in London along with a country estate in a mill house.