The last few years have been very tremendous years in the Digital industry. Introduction to many helpful gadgets and applications has influenced our day-to-day lives in mostly positive ways. Smart TV is one of them. Let us see how to enable Netflix on Non-Smart Tv.
It has features besides watching shows from the channel provided by the set-up box. It allows the user to enjoy features like media streaming, apps, and games, along with watching our favorite shows. Like our smartphones, smart TVs serve infinite internet-connected services which we cannot get from regular television. Most people use their smart TVs to stream OTT (any media service that allows streaming video content movies or web series via app or website). The most popular OTT platforms are Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube, etc. But what if we say that you do not need a smart TV for streaming OTT on your Non-Smart TV.
What are the different device and their ways to enable Netflix with non-smart TV?
There are a few devices like Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV, and Google Chromecast with Google TV with which you can make your non-smart TV into Smart TV. You can connect it by following the below directions.
Steps to follow:
For Amazon Fire Stick
• Connect the Fire Stick to the HDMI by using the USB adapter, which comes with the Fire Stick.
• On your Television, select the HDMI to which the Fire TV Stick is connected.
• Connect the Fire Stick to the Wi-Fi by following the instructions, which will be shown on the TV after switching Fire Stick “On”
• Sign in to the Amazon account, then press the “home” icon on the remote and you are ready to enjoy smart TV features.
For Apple TV
• Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port, of the TV and the other end to the HDMI port of the Apple TV
• Now connect one end of the Power cable to the power port on the Apple TV and another end to the Power outlet.
For Roku Streaming Stick+
• Connect the USB port which comes with the box, to the port of the TV
Sign in to the Roku account, and enjoy the services.
For Google Chromecast with Google TV
• Insert the batteries in the voice remote as it is required in the installation
• Affix the Chromecast to the HDMI port on your TV
• fix one end of the power cable to the Chromecast and another end to the power adapter
• Connect the power adapter to a power outlet
• Switch on the TV and switch it to the HDMI and connect the Chromecast
• Pair the voice remote to the Chromecast
• Install the “Google Home” app on your smartphone, Tab, or laptop and log in to your google account.
• The TV and the device with the google home app must have the same Wi-Fi connection
• Connect gaming consoles like Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Ds Lite (Red), etc. to TV and add the Netflix account to it.
• Another way is to open the Netflix account on your Laptop and connect it to the Television.
Types of devices & ways to connect to Netflix on non-smart TV:
Different gadgets have different settings, but the most common is HDMI. HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) is a port that allows another device to connect, through a cable or cord. We can connect it with our laptop or smartphones, and also there are some streaming devices available in the market, which connects with the TV and enables us to enjoy the features of smart TV.
What are the Netflix Subscription plans available?
To enjoy Netflix services, whether it is a Smart TV or a non-Smart TV, first you have to open an account on Netflix. Netflix is a subscription streaming service, which you have to subscribe to (to pay) for it. The subscription plan includes the following:
|Devices you can use to watch||Phone,Tablet||Phone, Tablet,Laptop or Computer Television||Phone, Tablet,Laptop or Computer, Television||Phone, Tablet,Laptop or Computer, Television|
You can easily change your plan or can cancel it at the moment you want. There are no contracts or any sort of cancellation fees. If you are a Netflix member, you can avail all the movies, web series, and TV shows from the catalog. A member can create more than one account on the same platform. But the numbers depend on the plan you subscribe to.
So, now that we have told you the ways to watch Netflix on your non-smart TV, don’t feel missed out and enjoy the Smart features in your non-smart TV with the above written ways.