You might be in your school, college, workplace, restaurant, cafe, with a group of friends or anywhere else, you must have observed that there is always one person who doesn’t speaks much, who doesn’t involve in the discussion, wants to stay alone, who might also hesitate to ask questions or replies in a quite confused manner, or are neurotic but seem fine. Right? Well, yes! We all must have faced a few people in our lives at different times and in different places. The personality of these people is known to be as “Reserved Personality”.
Do not confuse this with a disability. No, it isn’t. It is just a type of personality and perfectly normal. They tend to be in their own space and with their thoughts and comfort.
You might be outgoing, but some do not like to socialize, or are awkward in situations. They aren’t comfortable in a crowd or between chattering people. It is a category of their personality and nothing else.
Let us learn more about the Reserve Personality type here. So that you can well differentiate among a crowd of people and understand what they are going through.
How is it like to be reserved?
Being reserved is not like being shy at all. They just do not like sharing or communicating within a group. They tend to keep their thoughts and opinions to themselves.
It could be rare that they involve, initiate, and interact with others while others have been talking or asking about all kinds of stuff.
Therefore, you can clearly understand that people with this personality type are much comfortable with being themselves and enjoy their own company. It isn’t because they are egoistic or they do not like you, it is just a part of their personality.
What traits do they have?
People with Reserved personalities have the following traits and characteristics:
- They are Compassionate about the things they like
- They make better decisions and have amazing friends.
- They respect others and their opinions. They are good listeners and hear them talk.
- They have a better sense of understanding.
- People with this personality like being in the shadows. This means that they are empathetic and concerned. They do not like to be the center of attention.
- Reserved people react very less. Perhaps, people with this personality are very thoughtful and have critical thinking.
- They are filled with potential and have creative skills.
- Reserved people are quite easy-going at times. They do not bother much about their group and surroundings. They like to be left alone with themselves.
- The best thing about being a reserved person is being independent. They are independent to make their own decisions, they do not get influenced by others, and they are more determined due to these characteristics.
- Reserved people are appreciative as they enjoy people’s success and achievements. They are very less overwhelmed by others and situations.
- As they do not expect anything from others, they are not likely to get disappointed. This is what most of us want, to have fewer expectations.
- They are deep thinkers. They do not involve themselves in group discussions or activities, as they enjoy their peace and space.
- This makes them a person with a conservative personality as well. Being conserved they will never disturb others and make peace with their comfort.
- They are very simple and calm. They do not look over in case of their clothes or hair. They like to have a low-key appearance.
- People with reserved personalities have a quality of a respectful nature. They are helpful and do not indulge in fights or arguments.
- Reserved people are very good at introspecting themselves. They are aware of their strengths and weaknesses. They are clear in their mind about the things they want to achieve.
- They have a balanced life. Wherever they are, at the office, school, or college, they balance themselves with their thoughts.
- They are emotionally satisfied and stable. If they are not, they will put their efforts to calm themselves down to reach their solutions.
- In short, they are self-sufficient and enjoy their own company.
All these characteristics and traits make them their best version of themselves and are appreciated by everyone in society. If they are quiet, it doesn’t mean they are incapable of doing anything. They are the best with amazing talents and creative skills.
Reasons to be reserved?
- People are born with distinctive personalities and different talents. Some are creative, some are not, some like to be the center of attention, some would rather sit in a corner and listen to music, some would be aggressive by nature whereas some wouldn’t be able to speak at all, some would be outspoken, and some wouldn’t want to get involved.
- So people are the way they are due to several reasons. In your growing up from an infant to an adult, many things change. Your parents, family, friends, relatives, and society play a very important role in shaping your personality as a whole.
- Your manners, behavior around people, behavior when you are alone, your actions and reactions to others and things, how you treat others, how well do you get along with friends and family, etc. So each and every small thing contributes to your social, mental, and emotional well-being.
To answer this question about what could be the reason for having a reserved personality, you must understand the family background of the person, their childhood, events they celebrated, and the ones they didn’t.
- But sometimes, it is based on the person about how they treat others. It depends on the person whether they want complexity in their life or not. This is not called being reserved, but it is the choice a person makes with respect to their situation and surroundings.
- Therefore, if a mental state of yours keeps you happy and calm. You can enjoy being the person you want, provided you are not hurting others through any means.
What should people with reserved personalities do?
- Accept your personality and embrace the qualities you have.
- Celebrate your accomplishments and achievements. Enjoy your own space.
- Being non-traditional is also awesome. Being different in a crowd is what everyone dreams of. And you being one of them must be proud of who you are.
- If you feel anything is holding you back or bothering you, find the thing and do the best that you can. Fix it and move on.
- Do not get influenced by others and compare yourself because both are different with different sets of personalities and characteristics.
- Surround yourself with people you feel comfortable with. Create your positive vibe and thoughts.
- Do what you are best in, it could be anything you like or want.
- If you feel interacting less makes you a loser, then no, you are already wrong. You are what your quality makes you so embrace yourself every day.
- If talking isn’t your cup of tea then try writing. Writing is the best medicine for all your problems. Not only it clears your mind but also helps you introspect, making you a better person each day.
- Try to speak up, take your time, stand up for yourself, and keep calm.
- Focus on your strengths and enhance them through your skills and creativity.
- Find a suitable job that you are interested in and comfortable in.
- Develop relationships with the person whom you are comfortable with.
- Focus on your awareness of things, it could be related to anything you want to do or you like. Maintain a positive attitude and thinking.
So these were a few of the very important things a reserved person needs to know. If there are plenty of people bullying people with reserved personalities, then remember there are also your friends and family along with the people who care about you and understand you. So be what you are and embrace yourself. Your personality is not your identity, your strength is.
You are beautiful just the way you are!
And if you have a friend with a reserved personality, understand them and be their best friends. People are different and so are their traits, so accept it and enjoy the diversity.