If you want to buy some home furniture and appliances, you probably thought of visiting Ikea. This giant company based out of Sweden is continuously growing and in demand. Branching from its self-assembled furniture, Ikea also sells home appliances and décor items. If you are planning to buy home appliances from Ikea, it is a good time to learn about IKEA appliance warranty.
Everything about Ikea Appliance Warranty
Ikea has a wide range of quality kitchen appliances. But there can be defects. For its kitchen appliances, Ikea provides a five years limited warranty. It is free of cost and covers all kinds of Ikea kitchen appliances against any material or workmanship defects.
Before availing of the warranty, we need to understand the terms and conditions and learn about the products covered under the limited warranty. Let us try to get the answer to all your queries.
What kinds of defects are covered under Ikea Warranty?
The Ikea appliance warranty usually covers manufacturing defects. The defect could be in the materials used or in the making process.
The warranty will cover all the expenses for factory-specified parts and the labor charges for repair.
What is required to apply for the warranty?
The sales receipt of the purchase is required. It is the proof of purchase that will be needed while applying for the warranty.
How long is the validity of the Ikea appliance warranty?
The limited warranty of Ikea for appliances is valid for five years. The term period starts from the date of purchase.
The limited warranty is applicable only in the United States. All the major appliances generally used in the country are covered under it. Ikea’s limited warranty is not valid in other countries.
Who provides a warranty on Ikea products?
Ikea’s limited warranty; on appliances is provided by the third party, Whirlpool Corporation.
How to reach Ikea for service?
In the US, you can call 1-866-664-2449 for help. Keep your receipt ready and note down the Ikea article number written on the receipt. It will be required while availing warranty.
What is not covered in Ikea limited warranty?
- Any consumable part in the product is not included in the warranty, like light bulbs, water, or air filters.
- In case of normal wear and tear due to continuous use of appliances will not be covered.
- If the breakdown is due to misuse or mishandling, the appliance will not be repaired under the warranty. Kindly follow the instructions provided in the leaflet with the product.
- Any accidental or intentional damage or damage due to natural calamity will not be covered in the limited warranty.
- Scratches and dents or the damages that disturb the finish of the product will not be repaired in the limited warranty. It can be covered in the limited warranty only if the damage is due to material defect or workmanship at the time of manufacturing and, it is to be claimed within 30 days of purchase.
- If the original parts have been removed and replaced in the appliance by the customer, then the repair will not be covered under warranty.
- There is no option of pick up and drop in case of repair.
- If the location for repair is in a remote area, the travel expenses are not covered.
- Service calls for the installation of an appliance, replacement of house fuse, repairing of house wiring and plumbing are not entertained in this limited warranty.
- The cost of repairs and replacement not covered under this limited warranty, will be paid by the customers.
Appliances that are available with Ikea limited warranty
- Microwave ovens
Services provided under Ikea Appliance Warranty
It is important to understand as a consumer that the product should be under the warranty period to make a claim. Once the warranty period is over, the company cannot be held responsible.
The Ikea limited warranty can be used to get the product repaired. There is no provision of product exchange.
Once you claim the product under warranty period, the company will send a team; they will come and first examine the product and then decide whether it is a genuine problem that can be covered under warranty or not. All the cost of repair, machine parts, labor cost, and travel expenses of the mechanic is paid by the service providing company, Whirlpool Corporation.
Limitations of Ikea Appliance Warranty
The service-providing company is not responsible for any incidental or consequential damages. If the product gets broken accidentally or if the product breaks down due to regular wear and tear then the warranty does not cover such kind of repair costs.
Ikea’s limited warranty is non-transferable; whosoever purchased the item will only be able to avail of the limited warranty.
Ikea is a business giant offering home furniture, decors, and appliances. Known for their trendy and unique design of products, Ikea also offers a five-year limited warranty on its appliances. The warranty is available for ovens, microwaves, hoods, cooktops, and fridges.
The limited warranty only covers manufacturing defects, material defects, and workmanship defects.
Once you claim a warranty an Ikea team will come and inspect the appliance and if convinced that the damage is in the material or due to fault while manufacturing, then it will be repaired.