Here we will see about the Hulu Not Working On Smart Tv
Hulu is an on-demand video streaming platform of American origin, founded in the year 2007. The platform offers quality content and shows from popular networks such as CBS, ABC, and NBC. Hulu’s original content has also been developed. Hulu has undergone a massive transformation since the days of its inception and the company presently has over 40 million annual subscribers worldwide. The company is owned by the Walt Disney group (who have a major stake in the company), with NBCUniversal also having a small stake in the ownership rights.
Hulu can be accessed from any platform having an active internet connection. It can be smartphones, laptops, tablets, smart TVs, etc. In case Hulu is not working on a smart TV, customers may try to fix it on their own by trying a few hacks or even better, contact customer care.
In this article, we shall be taking a look at what should be done if Hulu is not working on someone’s smart TV.
Possible problems for Hulu not working on smart TVs:
There are many reasons which many cause Hulu not to function properly on smart TVs. A few possible causes are given below:
- Hulu Server down: This is not a problem on the user’s side and a server problem would mean that Hulu is not working anywhere.
- App not updated: This is another possibility. The solution to this is to simply open the app store and make sure that the Hulu Smart TV app is updated.
- Slow internet connection: Slow internet connection is not perfect for running Hulu on smart TVs as large amounts of data are required. The best solution to this is to make sure that you have high-speed internet available 24×7.
- Technical Glitches: This might be anything, ranging from a wrong arrangement of wires, faulty smart TV service, etc. In this case, the best solution is to contact customer care.
Solutions to try out if Hulu is not working on smart TV:
Most of the glitches which users face regarding the Hulu app can be fixed at home with the help of proper guidance and knowledge. In this section, a few such things have been given:
- Update the device drivers and the app: Simply open the Settings app on your smart TV and search for “Update drivers”. Update the drivers and the Hulu app as well.
- Make sure that the smart TV is compatible with Hulu: Not all smart TVs support Hulu’s services and some even go out of date. Check if your model is supported by going to the Hulu website.
- Check the internet connection: Try running other apps and check if the internet is working properly. Internet connectivity is primary to the successful running of the Hulu app.
- Check all ports and connected wires:
- This is really an extension of the previous point. Faulty connections would cause errors preventing the app even from starting properly.
Thus, we have seen in this article the steps which could be followed by someone in case Hulu does not work on smart TVs. However, people should be confident enough about doing the right thing before trying to fix anything. A mistake might damage the situation further. In case a solution can’t be found even after trying the aforementioned measures, customers are advised to contact customer support at Hulu.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question. What are the complaints that customers have had with Hulu?
Question. Should I always keep the app updated?
The answer to this question is a resounding yes. With each update, the developers try to finetune the app and work on any of the complaints which customers might have had with the previous version. The new versions of the app usually load faster and the controls are much smoother too. However, new versions might require considerable storage space, and users are advised to have sufficient storage space in their devices before installing the latest update of the app.
Question. What are the popular shows on Hulu?
The drama “Nine Perfect Strangers” set the record for being the most-watched show on the streaming service, and the comedy-drama “Only Murders in the Building” holds the record for being the most-watched comedy show on the platform. Hulu also hosts “F.R.I.E.N.D.S.” which is a crowd favorite and soared up the watch-hours charts during the pandemic.