For any consumer, the process of purchasing new appliances can be a time-consuming and complex endeavor. Lowe’s, one of the most popular hardware stores in the United States, allows customers to return or exchange products within 90 days of purchase. If you’ve purchased appliances from Lowe’s recently, you may have wondered if you’re going to get your money back if you change your mind about your purchase.Lets discuss about Lowe’s Appliance Return Policy.
- There are many different brands, models, and sizes to choose from, each with their own list of pros and cons.
- You also have to consider your home’s specific needs to ensure that you buy the right appliances, particularly if they’re going to cost several hundred dollars or more.
- Another important factor in deciding what appliances to buy and where to buy them from is the return policy of your retailer of choice
The 5 step guide to understanding Lowe’s return policy
The steps for Lowes appliance return policy
- Lowe’s has a 30-day full refund policy on all items if you want to return something after that, your only option is a store credit
- Receipts are required for all returns, without one your item won’t be taken back
- You have to take merchandise back to where it was purchased
- Only appliances can be returned by mail
- Product damage must be reported within 48 hours
How will my refund be processed?
When you return your product, Lowe’s will refund your credit card for up to 90 days from date of purchase.
- If you purchased a gift card or merchandise certificate that was used for your purchase, a check or credit will be sent to redeemer (the person who used his/her Lowe’s credit card to make the purchase) instead of credit being returned on a gift card or merchandise certificate.
- Lowe’s may require you to furnish additional proof of original purchase such as cash register receipt, store receipt, canceled check and sales slip if it has been more than 90 days since your original purchase.
- Receipts must include product details and dated items such as sales slips with order number and item quantities.
Does Lowes Appliance return policy cover the delivery charges?
No. Delivery charges must be paid by customers. Customers may be eligible for reimbursement from third-party delivery service providers. Lowe’s is not responsible for any damage caused to or loss of product during delivery and/or installation by a third-party delivery provider. Please check with your particular company for details on their specific policies.
What does ‘manufacturers defect’ mean?
While Lowe’s returns policies can be easily found and read on their website, some customers end up returning items with no valid reason.
- Lowe’s has a specific set of guidelines for what counts as a manufacturer defect and what does not.
- A customer may have to pay for certain items if they return them for any other reason than manufacturer defect.
- If a refrigerator ice maker is too slow or won’t make ice at all, that would be considered defective and it doesn’t matter who purchased it first.
- The same would go for an oven that has a faulty temperature gauge –it would be considered defective no matter who purchased it.
Do I need a receipt for a refund or exchange?
For items over $125, yes. Otherwise, no receipt or proof of purchase is necessary. Lowe’s will gladly exchange a product that doesn’t work properly due to defects in material or workmanship at any time up to one year from the date of purchase.
What happens if I change my mind after purchasing something at Lowes?
It’s rare, but it does happen. Thankfully, Lowes understands that things can change and they want to make sure their customers are happy.
- You may return any item purchased at Lowes within 90 days of purchase as long as you have a receipt or proof of purchase.
- They also offer a 1-year warranty on most items as well, which means if anything happens to your purchase during that time period you can bring it back for repair or replacement.
- That doesn’t mean that once you take something home that you should abuse it; Lowe’s will still not accept an item if there is damage caused by customer misuse.
- If you have questions about returning something purchased at Lowes be sure to check out their website!
I need help with my product, what should I do?
Lowe’s offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on all products purchased.
- So, if you purchase a product and decide you don’t want it, after all, there is no need to worry as you can bring it back to Lowe’s and receive your full refund.
- If your item was purchased from Lowe’s website then you have up to 60 days from delivery of purchase to return it.
- This means that if you have not assembled or made any use of your product, then for most products, which will be in their original packaging and unused condition, with proof of purchase included with the item when returned.
- Is there anything else I should know about returning things to Lowes?
I didn’t know until last year that Lowes doesn’t take items back without a receipt. When I went to buy a new coffee maker, I realized I didn’t have my receipt for my old one so I couldn’t take it back.
- If you don’t have your receipt, they won’t give you money back or even store credit! So make sure you keep those receipts.