It’s okay to outgrow your old appliances. But, do you just throw them away? What can you do with your old appliances? Will an appliance retailer purchase them? Will Home Depot purchase them? How about if you purchase a new one from them? Does Home Depot buy used appliances?
Home Depot does not buy new appliances. However, if you buy a new appliance from them, they can haul off your old one at an additional fee.
Can You Sell Your Old Appliances To Home Depot?
No. When you buy a new appliance, Home Depot can remove your Appliance at an add-on cost. But, they will not buy or sell second-hand appliances. However, there are many other marketplaces you can use to sell your used appliances like Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and eBay.
How Much Does Home Depot Charge For Hauling?
Home Depot will only remove your old appliance if you buy a similar one from one of its stores. During the installation process, they will remove your old appliance.
Usually, you will need to pay $25 for Home Depot to haul off your old appliances. The cost depends on your location and the size of your appliance.
Where Can You Sell Your Old Appliances?
There are many online and offline ways for you to sell your old appliances.
Some online platforms you can use are:
- Facebook Marketplace: You can add products to the Facebook marketplace directly from the Facebook app. Just upload some pictures, a description of your products, and add your contact information. Ask your friends to share it as well. Please mark your product “sold” to remove its listing from the marketplace.
- Craigslist: Craigslist is the best place to sell your old products online. You can use the same pictures and descriptions that you added on Facebook. You can also promote your garage sale using their platform. Consider investing in ads as well to sell your product quickly.
- eBay: eBay is another platform many people use to sell their products. It’s best suited for relatively small appliances like microwaves and coffeemakers.
What are the offline ways you can use to sell your old appliances?
- Call your local appliance store
Even though Home Depot doesn’t buy old appliances, many others do. Call your local Appliance store and see if they are willing to take your Appliance and sell it to their customers.
- Call Appliance Resellers
If you know any local resellers, contact them to get a quote for your appliance. Call multiple vendors to get the best offer.
- Conduct a garage sales
Many people still love buying old Appliances from garage sales. You can use platforms like Varagesale, Yard Sale, or Treasure Map to promote your sale and conduct a virtual one as well.
- Best Buy
If you buy a new appliance from them, they will remove the old one for $14.99. However, if you want them to remove additional appliances, you will have to pay $99.
When you buy an appliance from them and opt for the complete appliance package, they will remove your old one for free.
Search for scrap metal recyclers in your area. Recyclers are usually selective in what they buy. However, they pay by the pound.
You can also donate your old appliances.
Where Can You Donate Your Old Appliances?
You can donate your old appliances to:
- The Salvation Army: The Salvation Army will remove your old appliances for free. You can sell your old appliance using their website. They use the proceeds for their charity programs.
- Goodwill: If your appliance is in good condition, you can also give it. it to Goodwill. Goodwill uses the proceeds from the sale to help local communities. This money is used to conduct training and run placement drives for the local people.
Home Depot hauls off your old appliances during installation when you buy a new appliance from them. However, they do not buy your old appliances. You sell your old refrigerators, televisions, and ovens at other marketplaces like Facebook, Craigslist, or eBay. You can also sell them offline to appliance resellers, local stores, or scrap metal recyclers. If you have multiple appliances to sell, you can conduct a garage sale and promote them on social media. You can also conduct a virtual garage sale at Varagesale. Lastly, feel free to donate your old appliances to churches and charities.
Q1: How can you sell your old washing machine?
Call local resellers to get the best offer on your washing machine. Online, you can use platforms like Facebook, Craigslist, or eBay to sell your old appliances. If you want to donate your old washing machine, feel free to contact your local churches and online charities.
Q2: What is the best time to buy new appliances?
September And October
Most manufacturers launch new models of their appliances during these months. This allows you to get the older models at heavy discounts.